Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shayraber
Creator
Creator

Publisher Email distribution limitations

hi all,

I'm using a QV server and publisher (version 11 SR2).

up untill now i used the distribution functionality to publish documents to folders (and with/without Email notifycation).

now, I'm trying to distribute reloaded documents to users in the network via Email.

if it is a very small document - everything is OK,

BUT if I'm trying to reload and distribute a larger document (~8.5MB) the task reloads the model but NOT sending it via Email and end up with warning because of it.

any idea why?

please assist.

Shay

19 Replies
shayraber
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Bill,

Is there some function at the publisher needed to be adjusted in order to set the limit of the documents can be distributed via email?

It's obviously a size limit issue due to the ability to send small doc and disability to send a large doc.

If the limit exist somewhere (at the publisher or the machine hosting it or the mail server) and I don't know where.

Can you please guide me what to check in order to work it through?

The warning that I'm get is:

“Distribution reported warnings for resource "<Doc Name>_MailAttachment_1" (MailAttachmentDistributionResource).

Thanks a lot

bhaskar_sm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Jose Luis Dengra,

i am facing the same issues as u mentioned above , if u solve this problem then please let me know...

thanks ,

regards

Bhasker

jldengra
Creator
Creator

Hi, Bhasker.

Some months ago after having this issue, the mail server was changed and we performed some testing of distributions to 60 e-mails, using different document sizes with the aim to stress the system, and it worked fine for all the tests, with a correct delivery. Thus I think the issue was related to the mail server configuration or capacity.

At this point I am not able to reproduce the problem but, if we ever face it again, I would study the content of the log files located at the following folder, more verbosely than the history execution shown in the QlikView Management Console:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log

At the time we had the problem I was not aware that more detailed log files resided in that location, but not forever, since everyday the system removes log folders and files older than one month.

bhaskar_sm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Thanks, Jose Luis Dengra

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

I know this is pretty old. However, i am facing the same issue that when i get to Reduce tab of a Task and click on Open Document to select the field it never loads the field names it just gray's out after some time. My qvw document is of 25MB but I am just using one single straight table with 10columns in the report to send out to recipients. Can anyone guide me through in this regards.

Many thanks,
Vish.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Vish,

Does the QVW have section access applied?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Hello Bill,

Thanks for your response. There is no section access here. It is just a big straight table with more than 10 fields.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

Open a support ticket and lets see if we can help you there.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Thanks Bill. Sure will do that.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Bill, just quickly if any comments on this below message. I tried to run this but the task hangs in the last statement and never go forward I had to abort. I got like 3300 rows to generate PDF.

(2017-10-16 15:37:34) Information: Allocating new QlikView Engine. Current usage count=1 of 4 (of type non-reader).

(2017-10-16 15:37:34) Information: Max retries:5

(2017-10-16 15:37:34) Information: Attempt:01

(2017-10-16 15:37:35) Information: Opened the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=2056

(2017-10-16 15:37:35) Information: Allocated QlikView Engine successfully. Current usage count=2 of 4 (of type non-reader). Ticket number=3613.

(2017-10-16 15:37:35) Information: Loading document "M:\QlikView\QDS\1\temp\5c63e885-e4bd-4e68-aef2-7153d067c280\document.qvw" (0.32 Mb)

(2017-10-16 15:37:36) Information: Physical FileSize=0.32 Mb. Memory Allocation Delta for this file=5.24 Mb. Available Physical Memory Before Open=18504.47 Mb. Available Physical Memory After Open=18504.13 Mb. Total Physical Memory=32767.55 Mb.

(2017-10-16 15:37:36) Information: Attempted to load the document with data.

(2017-10-16 15:37:36) Information: The document was loaded successfully.

(2017-10-16 15:37:36) Information: Document was opened successfully

(2017-10-16 15:37:36) Information: Completed ReduceData for M:\QlikView\QDS\1\temp\5c63e885-e4bd-4e68-aef2-7153d067c280\document.qvw. (Reduce=True, Save=True)

(2017-10-16 15:37:36) Information: Memory Allocation Delta for this file=2.64 Mb. Available Physical Memory Before Reduce=18498.09 Mb. Available Physical Memory After Reduce=18504.13 Mb. Total Physical Memory=18504.13 Mb.