Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

dataset which contain longitude and latitude in GB

Hi any one have any data set link or data in GB's ,in data set Longitude and  latitude is present.Please suggest me some link.

Thanks

5 Replies
pamelabremer
Partner - Contributor III

Hi; are you looking for the Geo areas in Great Britain? Or the Postcodes with geo points? You can try these two places:

WWW.GADM.ORG (polygon files at all admin levels in all countries)

GEONAMES.ORG (postcodes and their geopoints for all countries, also includes population data)

Hope that helps,

Pam

Jonas_Karlsson
Employee
Employee

Hi, use the load functionality in the QGA Connector to eg load GB data. Set the country code to UK and load the data sets that are available in the included Location Service.

BR

/Jonas

pamelabremer

Loading points and polygons from the Location Service appears to work for only admin1 levels for some countries. Switzerland (CH) for example, the admin1 lookup returns 26 states, but returns 0 polygons or points for an admin3 or City lookup. For admin2, it returns only points, no polygons are available.

Best regards,

Pam

Jonas_Karlsson
Employee
Employee

Qlik GeoAnalytics Coverage

But of course you can load custom data in the connector and use it in your data model!

pamelabremer

And that is exactly what I am doing 🙂

I can recommend it for anyone else trying to display data for countries with incomplete lookup information.

I found all the admin1-3 area polygons for Switzerland at www.gadm.org. Polygons for all countries are available there. The names usually have to be cleaned up a bit, which is time-consuming.

The KMZ files work the best, just change the extension to zip and unzip them, then load them as KMLs using the dataloader.