Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Governance_Dashboard - identify fields again ...

Hi,

I am still working on extracting parts of the available data from the „standard GovernanceDashboard“ running once a day and building our own customized version on that basis.

I have just figured out where I can get a lot of data about all the tasks scheduled in the QEMC. That is very good because we really do have a lot of tasks there. There is one info that I cannot get from the GovernanceDashboard, the order in which Jobs in the QEMC must run - simply because we have not set any Tasks to run in sequence, but they all have separate time-dependent Triggers. I am working on putting together that Piece of info in an Excel file which I can then link to what I get from the GovernanceDashboard.

Only one piece of information is missing – the duration of a specific task. That is in the log, visible in the QEMC, so it must be somewhere. But we do have that in a "Monitoring.txt" generated by every app - which simply contains one timestamp at the start of the script and one at the end - which I could also use to decide whether or not a specific app was executed on a given day.

Maybe someone can explain to me what exactly is in the field "StartAt" in the table "PubDocTask"? There seem to be several pieces of Information in there. I will also try to find an answer or to Piece it together looking at the corresp. Tasks in our QEMC.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler 

18 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If the subdirectories of DistributionService are empty, then I believe you are looking at the wrong directory.  Those folders I referenced are not optional, they are not controlled by logging settings.

The location of all DistributionService files is set in the QMC in the System, Distribution Service, General, "Application Data Folder" setting.  The default is "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService" but it can be changed.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

MarcoWedel

sounds like ISO time format: ISO 8601

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Rob!

Well, then it probably has been changed because that's just where I looked ... the data has to be somewhere since the info is visible in the QEMC and there is a history that goes back to the last Server_restart I believe - so it should be possible to get it from somewhere ... there is the question whether it's worthwhile when it would be relatively easy to have each and every app just generate this 10kb file - but before thinking about that, I have to find where that info is ...

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

I guess I found it! At least I found some directories with data inside - I'll analyze what is there on the Train home and Report back tomorrow.

Many thanks!

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

there is one txt_file "Root" for each day and there is a Folder for each day with all the detailed Task_logs - but it seems I can get the exact´same info from either (I'm only looking for the Task_duration for now); So I guess I will go for that one txt_file per day, that's surely a lot less datacrunching ...

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hey Rob,

I have an issue with this table, I'm at a loss currently:

That table is quite okay, loading it is not a big Thing. The issue is somewhere else, only connected to that table. The Name of the table is "Monitoring".

I have a Loop "further down" in the script - which I already have in many other apps, it's in an INCLUDE file - basically parsing through the NoOfTables(), storing each one and filling a variable with all the table_names, separated by commas. Once the Loop has finished, that variable is cleansed and used to drop everything.

The issue is, the Moment the Loop Encounters that specific table, QlikView Exits the Group and immediately Exits the script altogether and it Fails.

Can you make head or tail of this? Is "Monitoring" some Kind of keyword for some easteregg or something?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Freidrich - can you tell us what this comma-separated table list should look like (in order and with exact spelling of tables!).

Meaning - you expect the tables variable to be:

table1,table2,table3

And question two - are you dropping tables as you add their name to this variable list?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Tyler,

I am not dropping the tables inside the Loop - that would dynamically Change the object_IDs, so it would not work.

The variable I build step by step finally Looks like

>>  '[table1], [table2], [table3], [table4]'  <<

That type of list is then used in the >> DROP TABLES << Statement. The order (left-to-right) follows the values of the Counter >> i <<. The spelling cannot be an issue since that variable is built inside the Loop, step by step, using the TableName() function ...

The table in question is loaded with the Name "Temp_Mon" and then renamed.

Also, that Loop is built into a great many other apps, too, and it works everywhere. Even now, it works - I have circumvented the Problem by 1) individually storing and dropping that particular table so the Loop never Encounters that one and 2) changing the Name - even after doing (1), I still had the same Thing Happening when the script encountered the STORE command and the tablename "Monitoring" - so, from a Logical Point of view, the issue could only have been the Name "Monitoring", though I cannot imagine how and why that should be an issue because I had a table labeled "Monitoring" before, just filled in a different way, and all was well ...

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Friedrich,

If you are processing tables with STORE/DROP, I find it easiest to walk the table list backwards to avoid the changing tableno problem.

How to drop all tables with exclusions.

-Rob