Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export to xlsx

Is it possible to export to xlsx instead of xls?

8 Replies
rahulgupta
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hey Hi,

You can export to xlsx by using the following code in the Edit Module, using as a button or somewhere else:

sub testxlsx

set obj = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("TB01")

obj.Export "E:\Test.xlsx",","

end sub

Hope this helps

Regards    

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rahul. Your solution would work pretty good for individual objects, but to go in and do every object for multiple objects, on multiple tabs, on multiple QV files would be time consuming. It's nice however to know it can be done. However I was hoping that one of the versions of QV would be able to export natively without having to recode each object. I'm going to guess the answer is no, QV can only export to .xls at this time. But I could be wrong. I'll wait to see if others chime in but greatly appreciate your answer which will come in handy for specific objects and tables.

dkbhatt51
Contributor III
Contributor III

I just "save the file as" xlsx after exporting it works for me.

Darshan

Not applicable
Author

To this end, does anyone know how you can track what data comes out of Qlikview into Excel? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Found this old topic. At the end of 2016, is there still no setting in QV to default export objects to .xlsx files?

I'm using QlikView 11.20 SR 15.

jamal_mezzourh
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Filip,

Unfortunatly no even on the latest version 12.1

have a look at this post Re: Export to xlsx with a button

Not applicable
Author

Does anyone know if there is a plan for Qlikview to incorporate this?  it would be nice since xlsx format has been around for almost 10 years now.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Couln't agree more!