Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grayfox3000
Contributor
Contributor

NPrinting Publish Task Not Updating Data

Hello,

We've come across instances of NPrinting (both 17.3 and 17.5) not refreshing the data that is in the qvw when a Publishing Task is run. So, in this case, we have a report that is sent out on a daily basis to our end-users, and it is scheduled using a trigger. Every night the data is refreshed on the server, as well as in the qvw that the NPrinting report is based on.

However, there are more than a few instances that the report that is generated in NPrinting does not contain the refreshed data. However, the qvw does. Often I run the report manually (even without re-caching the connection) and the data comes back fine.

Our setup of QlikView and NPrinting are in line with what Qlik recommends.

Any explanation for why this happens?

Thank you in advance,

Tomas

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Please provide more details:

• Connection type?
  •      Local or QVP?
  • QV version of Desktop and server - is it the same?

With QVP connection i have never had an issue of stale data beeing sent, with local connection this sometimes happened to me as the new qvw file was not re-opened by QV.exe process which run publish task.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
grayfox3000
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The QV versions are the same. The connection type has been Local. I've been trying to use QVP, but nothing seems to happen. The image attached shows that the connection has been successful, but running the task doesn't create a report. Would you happen to know why that might be?2017-10-17_1335.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That would be basicly due to open QV.exe session which does not get updated when qvw file gets reloaded. It requires re-opening the qvw file and re-instating QV.exe session.

QVP connection is a way to go in order to overcome this issue.

I have seen you have tested it (QVP connection) and posted another thread in terms of the report generation speed from QVP which i will answer there..

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.