Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gcairney
Contributor II
Contributor II

New user to free download ...can't log in ...disappointed !

Hi ,have just installed the free desktop version. When I try to click on "Log in with Qlik Account" I get an error message which says "Failed to authenticate against the selected server. Please make sure your internet connection is working and try again".  This has also happened to a colleague here at work on his machine but has only started doing this since he upgraded to the release in Sep 2017 (worked fine before then). Apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere but any help would be gratefully received. Thanks

3 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

So this is a brand new install and you have an account setup with Qlik?

rittermd
Master
Master

Found this in another post:

• Stop Qlik Sense Desktop
  • On the machine where Qlik Sense Desktop is installed go to: C:\Users\<user_prof>\AppData\Local\Temp
    (Where <user_prof> - is your Windows user id such as in my example: C:\Users\mtarallo.MTARALLO\AppData\Local\Temp
  • Locate any files that start with Qlik_Sense_Desktop_<date_time>.log or any file name with qlik and delete them

re-open qliksense desktop it should work.

gcairney
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Mark , Appreciate you reply. I followed the instructions above and deleted a handful of files but I am afraid I get the same error. Yes this is a brand new install and I have an account set up. My colleague has been using a desktop version for a few months and since the latest Sep 2017 release has experienced the same issue. We both get the get the same pop up  error message when we click on the log in box (not given the opportunity to enter details as pop up appears on clicking the login field). We literally have no idea what to do !