Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikasshana
Creator II
Creator II

Need help in Clear input box

Hi All,

I‘m using input box to input the value to change the records in the straight table and everything is working fine as required and I’m using button in order to clear the input box and is working fine as well. But the problem is when ever I click on button to clear the input box value the value in my straight table is changing as N/A. Instead of N/A I would like to see the original value.

Below example illustrates what I’m getting and what I’m expecting to see after clicking on clear button.

Example: Below is the Result which I‘m getting after clicking on clear button. Input value is ‘10’

DescOriginal Value Result before clicking clear button  (Original Value + Input Value)Result after clicking clear button
A1020N/A
B2030N/A
C3040N/A

Below is the result which I would like to see after clicking clear button to clear input values

DescOriginal Valueresult before clicking clearResult after clicking clear button
A102010
B203020
C304030

As you can see after clicking on the clear button it has to go back to it‘s Original value.

10 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Trh this

replace x with your variable

SUM(VALUE)+IF(ISNULL($(X))=-1,0,$(X))

Learning never stops.
vikasshana
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Pradosh,

Do you want me to put the above expression into the clear button? Here value is nothing but 'Original Value'?

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

no. i have changed the expression a litle

attaching  sample qvw. please set the button as per your requirement to clear the input box value.

Learning never stops.
vikasshana
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for that Pradosh it's working fine and I've changed the button config, now I want only 'A' and 'B' to change to it's original value after clicking button. How to do that?

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

what about C? Your requirement is not clear to me now. tell me the output.

Learning never stops.
vikasshana
Creator II
Creator II
Author

The output will be something like this.

Input Value '10', after clicking on the button the 'C' value has to be 40 (Original Value + Input Value) but the 'A' and 'B' needs to change to it's Original Values (10 and 20)

DescOriginal Valueresult before clicking clearResult after clicking clear button
A102010
B203020
C304040
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

hi stalwar1

a little help here.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
sunny_talwar

Check attached may be

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

awesome!! You do have cheat codes for every problem .

Learning never stops.