Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juriengroot
Contributor III
Contributor III

Or selection

Hi,

I was wondering what the best way is to achieve an OR selection.

I have in my dataset [From Country] and [To Country]. Sometimes users want to select, Where [From Country] = Netherlands or [To Country] = Netherlands.

I can create a [Lane] = [From Country]& "|" & [To Country]. People can then filter in Lane via *Netherlands*, but there is no easy way to select all the options that appear.

Or select.PNG

I have tried another solution where users can select from an inline table "Country" multiple countries.

if(Wildmatch([Lane], '*'&[Country]&'*'), 'Yes', 'No')

But if you select the Yes value, I don't get a nice result. One country is working fine via a variable setup:

if(Wildmatch([Lane], '*'&vCountry&'*'), 'Yes', 'No'), but you can use only one country and the variable needs to be defined & you need to filter via 'Yes'.

People know a better way to create the OR selection?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

While I don't know if the OR selection is possible in Qlik Sense, as far as easily selecting, can't you just hit ENTER after you put in your filter criteria? That should select everything that is highlighted.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

While I don't know if the OR selection is possible in Qlik Sense, as far as easily selecting, can't you just hit ENTER after you put in your filter criteria? That should select everything that is highlighted.

juriengroot
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks, so weird. I felt that I tried it so often, but never succeeded. It totally works!