Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

sorting a time dimension

hi guys, this is a follow-up from a previous discussion here http://community.qlik.com/message/136417#136417

i currently am not sure how i can sort the fields in my cyclic group

my cyclic group has these fields: year, quarter-year, quarter, month, week

the charts look fine if u look at a single year, so the months will sort themselves numerically from 1 to 12 and quarter-year will appear from Q1-2011 to Q2-2011 and so on...

however, if i choose 2010 and 2011, i see quarter-year Q1-2010 Q1-2011 Q2-2010 Q2-2011 Q3-2010 Q3-2011 Q4-2010 in this order...

how can i make it appear in this order? Q1-2010 Q2-2010 Q3-2010 Q4-2010 Q1-2011 Q2-2011 Q3-2011

the order does not change if i include the date field in the Sort tab under expression...

12 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

How you have created a quarter-year field?

Did you used the concate function?

Or it is created at the time of creating the calander?

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

hi kaushik,

i concatenated the QUARTER and YEAR fields of my calendar table in load script to form the new QUARTER-YEAR field

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Then istead of using any other formula you can select the load order in sort.

This way the order in which it is loaded in qlikview, that will be shown.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!