cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stig1984
Creator II
Creator II

NPrinting PDF format issue

I have a minor but irritating issue with publishing an excel pivot table as a PDF through NPrinting.

I have a spec'd report which my end user needs in a specific PDF format which I have created by importing a table into NPrinting excel editor and generating an excel pivot table from this.   It's a bit of a pain to setup but works really well until I publish it through NPrinting as a PDF.

The minor issue is on borders - when the report is publish as an xlsx report there are no borders on the 'type' level as below (once you leave protected mode in excel).

Capture1.JPG

When it is published as a PDF however I get borders on all lines

Capture2.JPG

Interestingly when the report is published as an xlsx there are lines at all levels until you accept editing and leave protected mode in excel.  This would suggest that NPrinting is generating the PDF from the excel designer whilst it is in protected mode - is there a way around this to get the right format.

This may seem really minor but my end user is likely to reject the report just because of this.

For reference I am using NPrinting 17.3 and QLikview 12.10 SR5

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I tried to reproduce your issue but in my installation it works fine.

Border Test.jpg

I'm using Qlik NPrinting 17.5. Could you upgrade and try again?

As alternative could you share your template (it doesn't contain data) so I can try with it?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
RonaldDoes
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Stephen,

Tough one.

Would it be possible to use PixelPerfect? That does give you a lot more control over the lay-out of your report and should eliminate weird Office-Nprinting quirks as this one.

With kind regards,

Ronald

stig1984
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I've never used it and we don't have it installed anywhere in the group.

I can look into whether it would be suitable for what I need it to do.

RonaldDoes
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

By no means an elegant solution, but have you tried changing the border colour into white for the affected rows?

That way, they can show even though they shouldn't, but still be invisible.

stig1984
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Great idea - however the format changes made in the designer aren't carrying through to the preview or the published reports.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Try printing an excel file and remove Print Gridlines in the print settings

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
stig1984
Creator II
Creator II
Author

It's working in excel fine and coming through exactly as expected.  The issue is only when it's published as a PDF.

stig1984
Creator II
Creator II
Author

For reference this is the pivot table in the excel designer before previewing or publishing

Capture3.JPG

The formats and borders applied here beyond the excel pivot standards do not appear on the previewed report.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

have you tried a different PDF printer?

I'm sure there should be atleast 3 options to choose from

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
stig1984
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I have opened the PDF in adobe acrobat and the chrome PDF viewer (the two options I have readily available) - same report layout in both.