Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
odassier
Creator II
Creator II

Set Analysis with Simple KPI extension no longer working

Hi all,

I've been using the Simple KPI extension in the attached model portfolio application.  After updating the data for the last four weeks, the Simple KPI extension at the top of the first sheet gives me all "-".  I never had problems with it until now, not sure what has changed as I only added more data in the same columns.

If someone can have a look and let me know how to fix it, that would be great, have a presentation next Monday and have been unable to fix it myself all week.

Cheers,

Olivier

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try this?

Sum({<Date={'$(=max(Date))'}>} [Portfolio Vol])

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Here? Period Analysis - Volatility and Volatility Contributions

But, Currently i don't have that extension to see. Can you explain the businesss

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
odassier
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I am making use of this extension in both the first and the second sheet at the top.  You need the extension to see the problem (you can get it from the Qlik Branch site).

I think it is a date format issue.  after my last data update, I notice a new autocallendar item for some reason, it never happened before. This might require to re-write the set analysis expression in the KPI object.

Olivier

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You can not write, Like below in single line, Can you remove red part and check

Sum({<Date={'$(=max(Date))'}, Date = {"......"}>} [Portfolio Vol])

odassier
Creator II
Creator II
Author

So just like this: Sum({<Date={$(=max(Date))}>} [Portfolio Vol])

That did not work.

Olivier

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try this?

Sum({<Date={'$(=max(Date))'}>} [Portfolio Vol])

odassier
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Perfect, that worked for the current level.

Now the second KPI in that box is the change since last week in %.  Using your expression I tried this:

fabs(Sum({<Date={'$(=max(Date))'}>} [Portfolio Vol]))

-

(Sum({<Date={'$(=max(Date)-7)'}>} [Portfolio Vol]))

/

(Sum({<Date={'$(=max(Date)-7)'}>} [Portfolio Vol])

but that did not work.  Any suggestions?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Here we go

fabs(Sum({<Date={'$(=max(Date))'}>} [Portfolio Vol]))

-

(Sum({<Date={'$(=Date(Max(Date)-7))'}>} [Portfolio Vol])

/

Sum({<Date={'$(=Date(Max(Date)-7))'}>} [Portfolio Vol]))

odassier
Creator II
Creator II
Author

ok, something is wrong.  when I try just Sum({<Date={'$(=max(Date)-7)'}>} [Portfolio Vol])

it gives me 0.00 (it should be 3.05).  I have weekly data in my file. So I can't tell if your folrmula works (it gives me 257%) because it seems I can't get the correct value for last week's Vol. Not sure why  ?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You are not analyzing the expression, You must read and think where we made wrong then only we will strong on subject. Any way, For your question

Sum({<Date={'$(=Date(max(Date)-7))'}>} [Portfolio Vol])

Explanation:

Max(Date)-7 returns into number format. So, when we use Date() over expression it convert into date format and then it will matches to the Left part of Date field. And to show value exactly you need to play with format like Num(Expression, '#,##0.00')

Is that helps ??