Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inescastelhano
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Previous month data on this month row

Hi all,

I have a table where I want to show the following expression:

sum({<ID_Date={"=$(vmaxDateDynamic)"}, [Data Date Type]={"D"}>}[#Jumbo In Process])

-

sum( {<ID_Date={"=$(vVarCarrProcDynamic)"}, [Data Date Type]={"D"}>}[#Jumbo In Process])

The dates being shown in the table are correct, and the first expression is correct. However, the second expression keeps returning the value for the Day and Month in that row of  the table, and not for the date I am selecting through the variable.

I already tried to ignore Year, Month and Day and it didn't work. Total will also show me the value for the entire month which is not the desired, so it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

1.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
19 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be try this

Sum(TOTAL {<ID_Date={"=$(=vVarCarrProcDynamic)"}, [Data Date Type]={"D"}>}[#Jumbo In Process])

or this

Sum(TOTAL {<ID_Date={"=$(=$(vVarCarrProcDynamic))"}, [Data Date Type]={"D"}>}[#Jumbo In Process])

inescastelhano
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny, Thanks for your reply. However Total will return 5504, which is the value for the entire month of October, and I just want the value for 30/09/2017.

sunny_talwar

When you do this

Sum({<ID_Date={"=$(=vVarCarrProcDynamic)"}, [Data Date Type]={"D"}>}[#Jumbo In Process])

What do you see? Can you share a snapshot?

inescastelhano
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

2.png

Doesn't change much.

sunny_talwar

How about this

Sum({<ID_Date={"=$(=$(vVarCarrProcDynamic))"}, [Data Date Type]={"D"}>}[#Jumbo In Process])

inescastelhano
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Same Doesn't change anything.

sunny_talwar

What is ID_Date's format? is it M/D/YYYY also?

inescastelhano
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Both (variable and ID_Date) are in Num format.

sunny_talwar

It is difficult to know what the problem might be without having a look... would you be able to share a sample?