Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totals function - Auto and Sum

When i use 'Auto' in total fuctions the total value i get is 5.35% but when i choose 'Sum' in Total functions i get 3.24%.

The individual values are same for both Value 0 and Value 1 as formula i am using here is

($(='(1+Sum({<B=Comp,DateField={"' & GetFieldSelections(DateField,'"}>} Sales*0.01)) * (1+Sum({<B=Comp, DateField={"') & '"}>} Sales*0.01))')-1)/100

My question :

i want to get total value using expression, so i put total just before sales in the formula

($(='(1+Sum({<B=Comp,DateField={"' & GetFieldSelections(DateField,'"}>} total Sales*0.01)) * (1+Sum({<B=Comp, DateField={"') & '"}>} total Sales*0.01))')-1)/100

and it gives me 5.35

How do i get 3.24 instead of 5.35 using expression ?

15 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

This will shed some light perhaps.

https://community.qlik.com/thread/250400

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks for replying pradosh ,but that tells me the difference between auto and sum

my question is how do i achieve that sum total using expression because i need to use that total at some other place

sunny_talwar

May be this

Sum(Aggr(

($(='(1+Sum({<B=Comp,DateField={"' & GetFieldSelections(DateField,'"}>} Sales*0.01)) * (1+Sum({<B=Comp, DateField={"') & '"}>} Sales*0.01))')-1)/100

, YourDimensionsHere))

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

what about

expression:

sum(($(='(1+Sum({<B=Comp,DateField={"' & GetFieldSelections(DateField,'"}>} total Sales*0.01)) * (1+Sum({<B=Comp, DateField={"') & '"}>} total Sales*0.01))')-1)/100)

Learning never stops.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry,already tried this but it doesn't work because that formula you enclosed within sum gives a single value 5.35

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

you tried sunny's expression? That shall work.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

with that i get  0.00%

sunny_talwar

Did you specify your dimensions in there?

sunny_talwar

Besides did you try the alternative approach to calculating what you intended?

=Exp(Sum(Aggr(Log(1+Sum(Sales)), TimeKey))) - 1