Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with aggregation of last value of a period in a pivot chart

Hi,

I have a pivot chart where inventory data is per weekly period but where I want to aggregate up to montly periods.

I would like to be able to collapse the weekly period into montly periods and to see the projected inventory for the last weekly period, not the sum of weekly periods. I guess I need to use firstsortedvalue and aggregation but I did not get this right.

Dimensions:

PeriodFinishWeek

PeriodFinishMonth

ProductType_LN

ItemNo (Collapsed in the spreadsheet example).

See attached excel spreadsheet for illustration.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Freddy

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have used only FirstSortedValue. Please check the attched file. Tell me if this is what you needed.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks, but I do not get this to work properly with my dataset.

I have attached a file with test data.

Not applicable
Author

You have to format your dates. Even without this formatting, you can write FirstSortedValue by using Period (it is a number) and get the desired result. I did so in your chart, please have a look. Also I wrote in a text box the way you can format your dates (and Months and Week number you can derive from the date with the functions MonthName and WeekName) so that Qlikview accepts them as dates and associates a number to them. Otherwise using FirstSortedValue straight onto such fields will not give results.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!

This is perfect for one item, however when I apply this and try to group several items within the same product group (303) I get an error (no value at all). Any tips?

Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem, did you find a solution ?

Thanks

Masi_Sahargahi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi

i have this problem too,any solution finally?