Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgxanth21
Contributor II
Contributor II

Read '€' special character from .xlsx file

Hello all,

I am trying to load data from an .xlsx file in Qlik Sense. I am experiencing issues with cells that includes '€' special character.

For example if a cell has the value 'We have to pay 20 euro (20€)' , qlik sense only loads ')' and ignores the whole sentence before €.

Thanks in advance!

G.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hajastek
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi all,

I have tried to help George with this issue.. We have applied text() function and some other text operations like Mid, Subfield etc. and It always looked like there was only ')' in the data source, although there is a full sentence with finishing ...€). Also Len() function returns 1 as a result for that specific cell. The source excel file is export from some oracle system and once we open it and save with no performed change everything is working correctly.

Unfortunately we are not able share an excel file/QVF and I was not able to simulate this behavior on my personal computer with the newest Qlik Sense November release either.

Thanks for any comments or idea.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

I don't see any issue. which version are u using it?

FYI, i'm using the latest qliksense Sep'17 version and tested your request and able load with special char.

Capture.JPG

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Just for interest, Devarasu R, have you tested also without the single quotes?

George, could you post a sample xlsx?

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi swuehl

Yeah tested and it's working.

Capture.JPG

cgxanth21
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi all, thanks for all the answers!

I have an update.. The issue is not related with euro character, it is related with the type of excel column.

It seems that when column type is general and not text, qlik is trying to convert value in number when it loads Euro character in the end etc.

My Qlik version is 3.2 SP1.

Thanks in advance!

cgxanth21
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Any possible solution?

Thanks

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

can you share your sample data?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you tried to load your field with the Text() function:

LOAD

Text(YouField) as YourField,

FROM ...;

cgxanth21
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the answer,

Yes.. did not help

swuehl
MVP
MVP

George,

could you post a sample Excel file and QVF here?