Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guruprem
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Can't send Npritning using Gmail

Hi,

I am using Nprinting September 2017 with public Gmail as default sender.  Problem is email is not being delivered.

Nprinting Email Settings.PNG

Error message from scheduler logs :

Failed to send e-mail for bucket 7c073590-a50e-4533-a728-758140587c9f to gXXXXXm@XXXX.com. ERROR: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at. Stack trace:    at System.Net.Mail.SendMailAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result)↓↓   at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.SendMailCallback(IAsyncResult result)↓↓--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---↓↓   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)↓↓   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)↓↓   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)↓↓   at Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.ReportPublishingService.<SendEmailAsync>d__19.MoveNext() in c:\Jws\workspace\NP-REL-17.5.0.0-BR-01-build\server\NPrinting\src\Repo\Service\ReportPublishingService.cs:line 563.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I am using the same settings for my personal Gmail account with NPrinting, so it must be your environment or gmail account which is not setup correct. It is definitely not NPrinting issue.

It may be a case that you have typed in your password incorrect - so try using "change password" option and re-enter it again.

hth

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

have you enabled "allow less secure apps" switch and 587 enabled in your server check it via telnet ping

for more details, check this thread

Cannot send email using NPrinting 17

guruprem
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

Mentioned items are in place that is 1) telnet is giving positive response and 2) less secured apps enabled at Gmail side.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I am using the same settings for my personal Gmail account with NPrinting, so it must be your environment or gmail account which is not setup correct. It is definitely not NPrinting issue.

It may be a case that you have typed in your password incorrect - so try using "change password" option and re-enter it again.

hth

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Also if you solve your authentication issue, please note that the SMTP service from Google (GMail) has a strong anti-spam policy. You will not be able to send an unlimited amount of email in a short period. I suppose the limit is 50 mails. When you reach that limit GMail SMTP service will stop to send your Qlik NPrinting reports via mail.

I would to suggest you to use Google SMTP only for testing purposes and not for production use. If you are using Google Apps check your agreement with Google to be sure about the limitations related to the SMTP service.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
guruprem
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Experts , Sorry my issue is raised because of wrong password. Thanks for all your comments