Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arsallee3
Contributor III
Contributor III

Not able to see base sheets in app

Good day, hoping someone can assist with this issue.

We are using Qlik Sense Enterprise 2.1

Starting this week all of a sudden users are not able to see the base sheets of a published app that they are not the owner of. If you are the owner of the app can see all sheets fine.

Have security rules setup that utilize group & app level management, this was working fine. Setup following Marcus Spitzmiller's video Qlik Sense Stream Management Security Rules and Exception Management - YouTube

I have tried disabling all new security rules and only have default installed ones enabled and still same issue. Checked audit and all shows fine on this as well.

This includes root admin user id as well as monitoring apps. Installed new in November last year and just now getting most people using and now they cannot.

Any thoughts???

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
arsallee3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Determined what the cause was, hopefully may help someone else.

When applied the new security rules needed the Implicit naming applied to the App instead of Explicit. Lot of research and work for an underscore! Gotta love programming!

• Explicit type naming using wildcard (_*)Use the "_*" wildcard to explicitly define the type of resource to apply the rule to.For example, "App_*" will apply the rule to all App resources only.
  • Implicit type naming using wildcard (*)Use wildcard to define the resource or resources.For example, "App*" will apply the rule to all resources beginning with "App". This means that this rule will apply to apps, sheets, stories, data and objects.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
arsallee3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Determined what the cause was, hopefully may help someone else.

When applied the new security rules needed the Implicit naming applied to the App instead of Explicit. Lot of research and work for an underscore! Gotta love programming!

• Explicit type naming using wildcard (_*)Use the "_*" wildcard to explicitly define the type of resource to apply the rule to.For example, "App_*" will apply the rule to all App resources only.
  • Implicit type naming using wildcard (*)Use wildcard to define the resource or resources.For example, "App*" will apply the rule to all resources beginning with "App". This means that this rule will apply to apps, sheets, stories, data and objects.
manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Andy,

I do face the same challenge. Can you explain me more in detail with an example?

Thanks,

Manoj

arsallee3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Manoj,

I was just following the directions to modify the Security Rules as in the above link and left out the underscore within the rule.

I do not have an example other than when I opened the app, no base sheets showed up for anyone. Since that was corrected have not had a need to go back and change the rule. Sorry could not assist further.

manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you Andy.

dschuldt
Contributor
Contributor

This did it! Thank you so much for posting.