Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ananyaghosh
Creator III
Creator III

what is the difference between Qlik NPrinting 16 and 17?

Hi,

what is the difference between Qlik NPrinting 16 and 17?

4 Replies
psankepalli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Sandip,

Go through the nprinting 17 release notes from the below URL.

Qlik NPrinting 17 and QlikView Governance Dashboard 2.0 released!

HTH

SP

ananyaghosh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

can we create .NSQ file in NPrinting 17?

Can you give me an idea on how to migrate reports from NPrinting 16 to NPrinting 17?

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Check my previous post,

N-printing 16 & 17

can we create .NSQ file in NPrinting 17?

Nope, there is no longer option  to create .nsq in NPrinting 17

If you wish to migrate nprint 16 report into 17. yes you can import templates from NPrinting 16 into NPrinting 17 but not all other entities have to be recreated in the new version. for more details check this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WsZGal8CBI

also check this

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.3/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Architecture-sizing.htm

Thanks, Deva

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My answer to this question is usually this:

Difference between NPrinting 16 i NPrinting 17 is like difference between QlikView and QlikSense.

they both are coming from the same root, they both serving similar purpose, but they are completely different tools!!! I know that NPrinting designer look similar in both versions, but all guts behind are working differently.

describing difference would not make sense, but i think you can look through list of functionalities on this list to get an idea of what is currently supported in both versions.

open this link and scroll down to look at the table:

What is Qlik NPrinting? ‒ Qlik NPrinting

also keep in mind that NP 16 will no be supported soon (i think it is next year or so) and in the future you will be left with NP 17 option.

If you are trying to figure out which version is for you - i will go with 17 as it will save you a lot of pain when version 16 will be discontinued.

hope this helps

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.