Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smeenakshi23
Creator II
Creator II

Filter In Nprinting 16

Hello

I have 1 filter with 3 filter values, Only one filter is having data, other two filter will not be having data. Anyway i need to produce report all the three filter values in a single report. But Nprinting is not  producing report for no data values. I am getting report for only the one filter which is having data. I have not given verify filter ticked in Npritning.

KVTECH.PNG

Is there any way to produce report for filter even if it has no data

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

I did some tests in Qlik NPrinting 16.6 and:

- if you don't set a condition the report will be created in any case. If there are no data it will contain only the table headers

- if you set a condition that checks if there are data for every filter and for a specific filter the dataset is empty the report will not be created

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

try levels in designer i hope it will give you

Smeenakshi23
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I  have implemented nested level in desginer..  Also if data is there for all three filter values i am getting report with all the three filter values. My question is how to implement it wen there is no data

avinashelite

Your applying the filter and checking for certain values which is rite ...and now your saying even if their is not data you need the report for those values !!! what this mean if their no data then you want some default chart or what ??? this part is not clear , what NPrinting is doing is rite

Smeenakshi23
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I am using filer in the Import recipient list level. If there is no data for some filter with the given date condition, the user should get know the same tat is there is no data for particular agency id for the date criteria. If there s no data, Nprinting will produce, Empty table. Hope it is clear now

avinashelite

as per my understanding you need the chart to be create with empty chart because of the level this is not happening ...Yes , if that level column does not have that value the it won't create a chart for that , so to achieve this their are 2 ways

1.if you have limited values in the filer you could create individual  chart and apply the filter at the chart level

2.Create an inline table with all the filter values and concatenate it for the main table for each day so that value will get added for that date without data (but rows for the filter values with null )

this will give you the desire results

Smeenakshi23
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I understand your comment above. But when i give filter value individually it is producing report correctly without no data.For instance AA and BB as a separate filter. Do u mean the same ?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

I did some tests in Qlik NPrinting 16.6 and:

- if you don't set a condition the report will be created in any case. If there are no data it will contain only the table headers

- if you set a condition that checks if there are data for every filter and for a specific filter the dataset is empty the report will not be created

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
avinashelite

Yes , if you have got the answers mark the correct and helpful answers and close this thread

Not applicable

YES, you can. Say for an example if you have 1 bookmark/filter and you want to use 3 filters for 3 different reports, you need to use cycle function which cycles the reports based upon the different changes in that filter.

multiple reports will be generated as you can have 1 report with 3 filters but that should be alright as per your requirements i guess.

thanks