Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

New to QV: Pivot Chart - Differentiating between Dimension and Expression

Hi

I am trying to create a pie chart out of the following data.  It is literally one line of data.  I would like to display a pie chart where, the Number of Green Accounts is shown as a percentage of the Total Number of All Colours Entity Accounts.  I have tried various ways, but I am not getting it right.  Can anyone please help.

Line of BusinessType of TransactionNumber of Green AccountsTotalNumber of AllColours Entity Accounts
Green BankingAccount Opening66,0006,000,000

Thank you

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mazacini

I think I’ve got it working, but I will still attach the spreadsheet.

I’ll also include screenshots of the pie charts.

Thank you.

Natasha

mazacini
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Natasha

You're nearly there!.

You are still using 2 dimensions, whereas i reckon you need to use only a single dimension "Line of Business".

Then you will need to use Set Analysis for each chart.

So, for Type of Transaction = Account Opening, enter this in expression:

Forum 32603 Banking Pie.JPG

Then create separate charts for Type of Transactions = Payments to Foreign Entities etc, replacing Account Opening in the above formula.

For what it's worth, some thoughts:

I would make the comment (respectfully) that maybe Qlikview is not the ideal solution in this case?

Whilst I would be a huge fan of QV, in this case I would suggest that Excel might be a better option? (See attached spreadsheet).

Anyway, let me know if you need any more help.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mazacini

Thank you – you’ve been very helpful. I will implement the changes you suggested and let you know the outcome.

Re: QV vs Excel – I totally see where you’re coming from. I have been commissioned with evaluating QV, so I’ll be able to give an honest overview after this exercise J

I’ll update you soon.

Natasha

Not applicable
Author

Mazacini

everything works perfectly now .  Thank you very much. You've been very helpful.

Much appreciated

Natasha