Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Condition for each user (NP Sept. 17)

Hey,

we have a Report in Excel with Data from QlikView.

Now every User who is set as an recipient gets a report -> so far so good.

But the problem ist, when the recipient has no data because there are no informationen for him, he gets a empty report.

I've tested it with conditions, but i can't set this on user base..

Is there a possibility to set a condition for each recipient?

Is Data aviable for User X -> YES -> Send Report to User X

-> NO -> Do not send a Report to User X

Thanks in advance

8 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hey,

I suggest you to:

- create a QlikView chart that has data only for the users that has data. For example, you can create a straight table with only the salesman who have sales.

- create a condition with a rule that checks if that chart has data. When the task creates the report for a user it will apply user's filters. That user has no data so the chart will be empty, the condition fails and the report will not be generated

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hey rpc

i've tried it as you said:

I have a sample QlikView app:

QlikView.png

for this i've made a condition on Chart "A":

condition.png

if chart has values..

This condition i put in:

report.png

My testuser got a Filter on Field "Dim1" with the Value "D" -> There are only values A,B and C available..

Now i get following message:

message.png

AND i get a mail with an error:

mail.png

But I do not want to get emails, if no data is available.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You inserted the condition in the Task. Please remove from the Task and insert it in the Report and run the task again.

The condition associated with the report will be evaluated for each report created so for each user.

If you get any errors again check also the logs.

Thanks for the screenshot, they were very useful.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

rpc‌ thanks for your fast answer!

Where i can insert the condition in the report? I do not find any property? Only the one, how you can see in my screenshot..

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Sorry my mistake. The point where you insert the condition is ok! Sorry again.

Could you check/post the logs?

Or could you share the QV.qvw so I can try to replicate in my September 2017 installation?

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

No Problem,

can I send you the log files over Mail or private Message?

Attached you find the qv file..

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Yes

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

The error appears because the value 'D' is not present in the Dim1.

Rename and replace your QV.qvw with the attached one and it should work. This contains the value 'D' in the Dim1 and I modified CH1-A in order to have no data in case of Dim1=D.

Best,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero