Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
us_enterprise_s
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set Analysis Help Needed

Hi!

I am working on creating a set analysis expression and need some help or pointers from the experts.

1. I calculate a number, using the following expression: =avg(aggr(sum(IB_COUNTER),[%ENCRYPTED_NAME], [%IB_DEVICE_TYPE]))

2. What I wan to do next is calculate a MAX((aggr(sum(IB_COUNTER),[%ENCRYPTED_NAME], [%IB_DEVICE_TYPE])), but only for the values that meet the following criteria:

=fabs(Sum(TOTAL<[%IB_DEVICE_TYPE]> IB_COUNTER) / COUNT(TOTAL<[%IB_DEVICE_TYPE]> DISTINCT [%ENCRYPTED_NAME]) - avg(aggr(sum(IB_COUNTER),[%ENCRYPTED_NAME], [%IB_DEVICE_TYPE]))) > $(vOutliersThreshold) * Stdev(TOTAL<[%IB_DEVICE_TYPE]> Aggr(Sum(IB_COUNTER) ,[%IB_DEVICE_TYPE],[%ENCRYPTED_NAME]))

I think this could be done using indirect set analysis, but I am struggling with constructing the right expression.

GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

If(Dimensionality() = 1, sum([Device Count]),

avg(aggr(if(fabs(Sum(TOTAL<DeviceType> [Device Count]) / COUNT(TOTAL<DeviceType> DISTINCT Customer) - avg(aggr(sum([Device Count]),Customer, DeviceType)))

<= 1*Stdev(TOTAL<DeviceType> Aggr(Sum([Device Count]) ,DeviceType,Customer)), sum([Device Count])),Customer, DeviceType)))

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample or some raw data and explain the expected output out of this sample?

us_enterprise_s
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sunny,

Please see the picture below.

Capture.PNG

I have color coded cells RED, when the value falls outside of Avg Value (first row) + 1 Std. Dev. These are outliers. Now, I would like to calculate the average value, for each Device Type, but only for cells that are green.

sunny_talwar

May be this

=Avg(Aggr(

If(fabs(Sum(TOTAL<[%IB_DEVICE_TYPE]> IB_COUNTER) / COUNT(TOTAL<[%IB_DEVICE_TYPE]> DISTINCT [%ENCRYPTED_NAME]) - avg(aggr(sum(IB_COUNTER),[%ENCRYPTED_NAME], [%IB_DEVICE_TYPE]))) > $(vOutliersThreshold) * Stdev(TOTAL<[%IB_DEVICE_TYPE]> Aggr(Sum(IB_COUNTER) ,[%IB_DEVICE_TYPE],[%ENCRYPTED_NAME])),

Sum(IB_COUNTER), [%ENCRYPTED_NAME], [%IB_DEVICE_TYPE]))

us_enterprise_s
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sunny, does not work.

If you look at the image attached, value returned for the first Device Type (CPAP, BiPAP) should be 14 (average of all values in the CPAP/BiPAP column, excluding 84, the outlier).

sunny_talwar

What does the above give you?

us_enterprise_s
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Error. It does not return anything

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample qvf file?

us_enterprise_s
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

here it is

sunny_talwar

Try this

If(Dimensionality() = 1, sum([Device Count]),

avg(aggr(if(fabs(Sum(TOTAL<DeviceType> [Device Count]) / COUNT(TOTAL<DeviceType> DISTINCT Customer) - avg(aggr(sum([Device Count]),Customer, DeviceType)))

<= 1*Stdev(TOTAL<DeviceType> Aggr(Sum([Device Count]) ,DeviceType,Customer)), sum([Device Count])),Customer, DeviceType)))

Capture.PNG