Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Overriding the POST request body for paged data loads

I'm trying to load data from a cloud hosted application which exposes a REST API for this purpose. The data being substantially big in size, prompts me to choose a batch approach towards loading the data.

As per the API contract I'm required to make HTTP POST requests with a variable page id in the body for each new page/batch of data (the endpoint URL and HTTP headers remain unchanged).

I've tried searching for a way to do this, and the only approach that I came across on these forums unfortunately didn't work out for me.

Here's what I've tried:

1. Defining a QLIK REST connector with a static XML body to help generate the necessary SQL clause - this works fine.

2. Update the clause to use the WITH CONNECTION construct passing to it a variable body section as follows -

SQL SELECT

WITH CONNECTION (BODY "$(requestBody)");

Whenever the SQL executes, it doesn't fail, but doesn't return data either. However using the statically defined connection works (for a single page of data, since the XML body is static).

Any suggestions? I'm trying all of this with Qlik Sense desktop version 3.1 SR6.

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kevin, I am currently trying to find a solution of batching request to reduce the number of HTTP connections.

Atleast via Qliksense not possible now, you have to refer Batch Processing (OData Version 3.0) · OData - the Best Way to REST..

May be you find some solution!!..