Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cody_summers
Contributor II
Contributor II

Nested Aggregation Error

Good afternoon everyone, sorry if this seems like a very simple question, but I'm attempting to perform some calculations in QV11 and my straight table is reporting the expressions I'm using error out because "Nested aggregation is not allowed". This is the formula I'm using (and the multiple ways I attempted to use it, though I believe they all are basically doing the same thing with the exception of using Total within the Sum statements (but that results in incorrect data)).

Test.JPG

From the code above, the first two variables work w/o issue, but when I try to use vGTFuelRate or vGTResult I get the nested aggregation error. I tried to resolve using total (which worked, but didn't give me the correct results) and explicitly creating the sum statements as their own variables (which gives the same error). I'm afraid I'm rather new to qlikview, and haven't had much experience with the aggr function, which I'm guessing may be necessary here. I don't know if anyone has any advice, but I would appreciate any insight with this problem.

1 Reply
swuehl
MVP
MVP

In which context are you using the variables?

I assume you are using them as arguments or part of the argument of an aggregation function, right?

Nesting an aggregation function into another is in general not possible (you already noticed that the TOTAL qualifier is breaking the rule) without the use of advanced aggregation, i.e. the Aggr() function.

AGGR...

Pitfalls of the Aggr function