Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imsushantjain
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Error while installing QlikSense Desktop on Windows 10 64 bit!

Hi All,

I have tried all the solution that i have come across the qlik community blog:

1) Running the installer as admin.

2) Making changes to the registry : Personal.

But both have not yielded any result, please help me with. Logs are in the attachment, they are not complete just the beginning and end.

Please help!

Thanks & Regards

Sushant

mbaeyens

8 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Sushant, just in case you missed this thread, it seems the same error message:

QlikSense Server 1.1 Installation PostgreSQL Repository Installation Failed

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Apart from the post above by Ruben, try checking the usual suspects:

• .NET 4.5.1 or higher is installed (the error in your log comes from this point) and registered
  • Account is local admin with full permission and UAC is disabled for that user
  • Make sure folders %ProgramData%\Qlik and %ProgramData%\PackageCache are clean
  • Windows 10 is supported for your version of Qlik Sense Desktop (e.g.: x64 or Qlik Sense 2.2+)
  • Accounts use latin names, not localized (e.g.: Russian or Chinese)
  • In case you already have a postgre version installed, remove it after backing up your databases

imsushantjain
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Ruben,

As per the link, I have installed .NET framework mentioned. But still get the same error!

Thanks

Sushant

imsushantjain
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Miguel,

I have tried  all the steps except :

• Make sure folders %ProgramData%\Qlik and %ProgramData%\PackageCache are clean

I dont have any such folders on my machine! or are these some registry entries?

Thanks

SJ

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Those are folders, if you don't have them, no worries, should be created during the installation process. Assuming all the system requirements are met for the version you want to install, my next step on troubleshooting would be:

• Download the installer again, right click on the properties of the file and Unblock it
  • Remove completely any leftovers of the current or previous installations
  • Install a previous version to see whether it is version specific or a broader issue
  • Uninstall and remove any leftovers of QlikView installations
  • Run the file as compatible with Windows 8 or Windows 10 (right click on the installer > Properties > Compatibility)
  • Modification of the Windows Registry as in here
  • Install on any drive for which your account has full access (most recommended, C:) by selecting "Custom Installation" instead of "Quick Install"

If all that fails, and even it if works, report to your Partner Manager at Qlik and Qlik Support (as a partner you can create cases yourself in the Qlik Support portal).

imsushantjain
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Miguel,

No manual method worked so I have raised a request with support.

Thanks

Sushant

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

It would be very helpful for all if you can post their findings here and how to fix that issue you are experiencing.

imsushantjain
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Miguel,

I just reinstalled Windows 10 again, my problem got solved 

Regards

Sushant