cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harjedalskok
Creator
Creator

Nprinting - no data in reports

Hi today I finnaly i got everything to work with the installation av Nprinting, well i think.

When i use the example file from QLik, "sales demo" and create a report using the nprinting designer, and then publish it it shows data in tables ive selected in the report.

But when im trying to do same with our documents, meaning when ive made a conenction to our documents which it says are succesful, "cache generated".

Creating the report works, but when i preview it, it only shows the dimension and the name of the xpressions.

Is there anybody that can enlight me in this matter, feels that it is something really easy to fix but i dont seem to find how.

Thx in advance.

ive attached a test result from the export of the report.

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
harjedalskok
Creator
Creator
Author

Ive investigated a bit more and found out that, this documents that ive tried has selections that cant be null,

It seems that Nprinting, dont make a selection even if the listbox has "need to have value" selected.

Can we in Nprinting set selections?

Ive now rewrote some of the expression so they make there on selections if none is made.

And now i got it to work

View solution in original post

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

You can create Filters Static and dynamic filters ‒ Qlik NPrinting

and associate them with Users, Tasks, Reports or Objects.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

I would to suggest you to read the help site and related intro videos, because they explain exactly what you want to have:

1. create a filter for each salesman
  2. create a user for each salesman
  3. associate the filter with the user
  4. create a report template
  5. create a task that generate that report filtered for each user and sent it to all your salesman filtered via mail or on the NewsStand

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2017/Content/Videos/Intro-Videos.htm

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

16 Replies
cristinapo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

In the NPrinting template, when you actually try to bring the objects in the report, does the connection to your document appear in the list. And if so, are the listed objects the same you find in your Qlik qvw file?

It would help if you attached some screenshots from the template - like when you go to add objects, when you select the connection, the list of objects detected in that connection, also a screenshot of the template itself etc.

Thanks,

Cristina

harjedalskok
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Cristina,

Thx for your answer.

Yes the objects are appearing in the Nprinting Designer, and I can see that its fetching the right connection.

Ive attache ss to the primary question above.

cristinapo
Contributor III
Contributor III

A shot in the dark, are you sure you actually have values in your chart? Like to check if you don't have null values, which would explain the "-" values in the excel report.

harjedalskok
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes there are values, this is active central document.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Did you applied some report filters?

The reports seems correct, the template has one table and one column and they are correctly filled (the column has the months for example) but hte final result indicates an empty original table.

So it could be that you applied some filters on the report that empty the table before to export it.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
harjedalskok
Creator
Creator
Author

there are no reports filters, ive double checked now. That was one of my first conclusion. But it happens not only with this documents but with all test i do, using connections to other documents.

But when i use a conncetion to "sales demo" in the same report it gives results on the "sales demo" tables.

Feels realy weird this, as it is some setting i need to do in qlikview desktop.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Does your document use section access?

Can you try with another .qvw?

Best Regards,
Ruggero
harjedalskok
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi again, and thx for trying to help me.

Ive tried to create connections to diffrent qvw documents, with same result. No we dont use section acces in none of our documents.

But as i wrote before, when i the connection to "sales demo" it works, so it must be something with all our documents.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

There is something that is filtering the data from your documents. The report is created correctly because you see the first column filled and headers and you have not errors. So we need to investigate why your document are filtered.

Is Sales Demo a local document and your documents connected from a server? Very the user who is running the Qlik NPrinting Enginse Windows service.

If this does not resolve I suggest you to open a support ticket so my colleague can organize a remote connection with you and investigate while seeing your environment. If you do so please remember to share here the answer so it can help other people.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero