Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Binary load from qvf file in Qlik Sense

Hello everyone,

can anyone please tell me how to take binary load from qvf in QlikSense server, as all the files are inside the QMC.

Thanks in Advance

8 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

it is not possible on server because there is no .qvf

The file is stored with a ID as Name, without extension.

In the community there are some suggestions to store the tables from your source into .qvd and load them into your data model, maybe that helps.

Regards

informnes
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Gulshan,

I had the same question this morning .

I can help you.

We have a multinode enviroment (shared persistence), thats why we can not absolute path

1: Create a data connection, which directly refers to a UID of the application.

1.PNG

The red attribute: Servername of Central Node

The yellow attribute: "QlikSense" is you Shared persistence attribute, its the same like in service cluster, i think it can be something else than "QlikSense" but you can view it in the QMC Service cluster:

2.PNG

2. Insert the binary Load

Because the data connection contains the direct link to the UID we dont have to refer the application anymore.

This works for me:

It has to be the same name , like your data connection

3.PNG

I hope this will help you.

Kind regards

simon

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply...

I have already made the qvf, so is there any other way of taking binary load in QlikSense Server...

rittermd
Master
Master

This is what I have done.

I created a data connection that points to the folder where QS stores the app files on the server.

Then in my app I add this line of code at the start:

BINARY [lib://QSApps/5136e435-5c3d-452c-b9d9-ef1bd2d0bdcb]; 

QSApps is the data connection name.  The code is the ID of the app that I want to binary load that I got from the QMC.

informnes
Contributor II
Contributor II

Yes , your solution will also work,

But you have to protect your data connections path very good, because with this data connection you can access all applications.

Kind regards

simon

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Simon for the reply..

rittermd
Master
Master

So your data connection just points to the single app?  That would be more secure.  I had not thought of that.  Thanks

JuanJP0523
Contributor
Contributor

Good Evening Simon, just to confirm, when you do this load for a qlik sense app you also make this app read the script in the back and make an upgrade of the info????