cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcoyukon
Creator
Creator

Stream rights for users with role RootAdmin

I am trying to setup a couple of streams with different rights for users with role "RootAdmin"

DEV-Sales (Apps within have full rights)

STAGING-Sales (Read Only - No EDIT allowed)

DEV-Sales:

•     I have setup Full rights  (Create, Read, Update, etc) for this Stream_5ea49633-2e2d-4a03-a78a-bcba4aba7bdf
  •     Condition((user.roles="RootAdmin"))

However,, I can;t seem to get the EDIT option on any app inside this stream.

Now.. If I add App_*,App.Object_*, then I am able to see the EDIT option.

But.. It will also allow EDIT on apps in other read-only streams that I don't want it enabled. (i.e: STAGING-Sales).

I tried to also to use the following expression:

((user.roles="RootAdmin") and (resource.stream.@StreamEnvironment="DEVELOPMENT"))

where the DEV-Sales Stream has been setup with the custom property @StreamEnvironment = "DEVELOPMENT"

and yet .. no luck. The EDIT Option goes away again. I am looking for a simple solution, but can't see to find one that works.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Check for Default Security Rule for EDIT.

Copy Paste that rule and create a new rule by Disabling the default rule or other rules for EDIT won't work.

Sol1: And try adding User Role as Root Admin (((user.roles="RootAdmin")))

Sol2: If you have EDIT rule working for All the Streams and Apps then use !=stream  name and try that as well.

Sol3:

((@StreamEnvironment = "DEVELOPMENT" and user.roles="RootAdmin"  and resource.objectType="story" or resource.objectType="bookmark" or resource.objectType="sheet"    or resource.objectType = "embeddedsnapshot" or resource.objectType = "hiddenbookmark"))

Not sure but above rule should work for only Development stream.

Sorry I do not have access to QMC hence cannot give exact answer.