Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrewmo
Creator
Creator

Nprinting 17 Objects missing when creating a report

Hello

I have made my connection to the source QVW, however when I go to edit the Word report I only see objects that are contained on the first sheet.  The report objects that I am trying to bring into the report are on the second sheet which has a conditional Show Sheet based on the OSUser() function.  Would this be causing Nprinting to not be able to display the objects from that sheet?

8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I cannot recall this from memory - i guess you can test it by removing condition - right?

I would think it matters as i do use conditional hide & show (howevel on column level in table) in some of my reports and they behave like in Qlik (are shown or hidden depending on condition)

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
andrewmo
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Lech. I just tried removing the condition and it still doesn't display the objects from that sheet...not sure why?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

well, remove condition and regenerate metadata... then see if objects are visible..

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
andrewmo
Creator
Creator
Author

Regenerated metadata and it still does not display the objects from the second sheet. It is only displaying objects from the first sheet.

Balakrishnan_V
Employee
Employee

Hello Andrew,

Greetings. Are you using the secondary object in levels? I hope you are using them as images and not as data because objects are supported to be exported as images but not as data (table).

Thank You

Bala

andrewmo
Creator
Creator
Author

I can't see my objects from the second sheet to even bring them in as images.

Here are the objects it says exist in the QVW

Objects.png

However when I look at the QVW on the sheet with the objects I want to bring in I see this object ID which is missing from the above list:

missing.png

Also, shouldn't the object list display my second sheet as S\Document\SH02?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Andrew,

Can you please remove data from your qvw file and attach it to this case so we can work on it?  I do not think it will be a problem, right?

To remove data from it use FILE -> Reduce Data option. Make sure there is no section access on the file so we can open it and look at the objects you are using on your second sheet.

There must be something what is making it invisible for NPrinting account user.

regards

Lech

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting inserts into the cache all objects that are on visible sheets. Objects that are on hide sheets (such as a sheet with a condition not met by the Windows user that runs the NPrinting services) will be not inserted into the cache.

So:

- remove the condition that hide the second sheet and save the .qvw

- refresh the cache on Qlik NPrinting

- try to edit the template, you should see all the object

- add the condition to the QlikView sheet again

Another alternative is to clone the .qvw, unhide the sheet and use the clone as Qlik NPrinting data source.

Note that QlikView objects that are hide but saved on visible sheets will be included into the Qlik NPrinting cache.

When you do a right click on a node of the template editor you will see only the objects of types that can be added on that specific node. For example text objects cannot be add as levels so when you add a new level you will not see any text objects. Text objects can be add as images so you will see them when you add an image.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.