Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annabergendal
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Create container failed in Variable Editor

I have an existing QDF environment that works well.

The problem is now that I cannot create a new container.

After adding a new container folder name in the container map editor I click "Update Map and create Containers", and "Update Container Map".

Then I get the error "Execution of script failed".

I have verified the script settings according to this link:

Security enhancements in QlikView SR13 and QlikView 12

Still doesn't work.

Version is 12.10.1

Any ideas?

Thanks.

/Anna

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Anna, a suggestion is that you start creating containers using QDF deploy tool that now supports this. Another option is to open Variable Editor with the command line script VariableEditor.cmd receded under 0.Administration, right click on VariableEditor.cmd and select open as administrator.

Best regards

Magnus

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Anna, a suggestion is that you start creating containers using QDF deploy tool that now supports this. Another option is to open Variable Editor with the command line script VariableEditor.cmd receded under 0.Administration, right click on VariableEditor.cmd and select open as administrator.

Best regards

Magnus

annabergendal
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

QDF deploy tool, is that something that must be downloaded?

To open QV and VariableEditor as an administrator does not seem to solve the problem, if that is what you meant by your first suggestion.

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

QDF Deploy Tool is used when installing, upgading and maintaining the framework, you can find the link below:Qlik Deployment Framework Deploy Tool

Read the attached read-me file for more information. Hope that this helps

Best regards

Magnus

annabergendal
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Magnus,

I ended up using an old version of Variable Editor that was working.

I'll look into Deploy Tool and see if we can use it going forward.

BR

Anna

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Then it seem to be something wrong with your earlier Variable Editor The latest version of Variable Editor is also installed when you upgrade the framework using deploy tool, this one might work as well.

Regards