Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to import data from different HTML pages with the same link

Hello.

I have a problem with importing the entire table from this database link http://www.igpr.ro/furtauto/furtauto.aspx because it takes only the data from the first page. The second one and so on has the same link and i don't know how to call it and get all the data from all the pages.

I must simulate a click on "2" for displaying the second page and after that loading again the data from http://www.igpr.ro/furtauto/furtauto.aspx and so on?

Please take a look at the link and help me in this small problem...

Thanks a lot!

Silviu.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Anyone please?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Silviu,

Note that the page is created dinamycally, so you do need to click on "2" so new data is pulled from their database and displayed in the HTML page. QlikView cannot "simulate" the click on the webpage, it only reads from a table, and since the url doesn't change when you click on 2 or 3, you cannot create a loop with variables to iterate for the different pages. It's not a html page (static) but a aspx one (dynamic).

You cannot simulate that because the second table doesn't exist and doesn't load until you click on it.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Oh, thx.

So it's imposible for me to acces the other pages and to import information from them.

I thought that i could somehow simulate a click to get to the second page automatically.

Thank you very much, and if someone managed to solve this problem, please let me know.

Regards,

Silviu

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Silviu,

That's it at least with QlikView. You can use third party software to simulate that click, but not QlikView. In case the URL was generated following some sort (adding a ?page=2 after the original webpage) or looping through the different tables within the webpage you can create those loops.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica