Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Ignore Calculated Filter in Set Analysis

I have the following expression as a filter:

=if(num([TerminationDate.autoCalendar.Year])> $(V5YearAgo),[TerminationDate.autoCalendar.Year])

I want to limit the choices to just the last 5 years.

Now in other expressions I want to ignore this choice when it is made.  But since it is calculated I can't reference it in the Set Analysis by just the field name,TerminationDate.autoCalendar.Year like I can with other filters that are just a field.

So how can I add this filter to my list of filters that I want to ignore in my Set Analysis?

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

I think the problem is not the calculated measure, but the autoCalendar field... It seems that autocalendar fields cannot be used within set analysis to ignore selection. May be create a Year field and then try to see if that works

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

I don't think that is the case Sunny.  I have been able to ignore other filters that are just using an autocalendar field.  I only run into this issue when the filter is based on an expression.

Also, when you select a filter that has an expression the entire expression is displayed on the filter line instead of the label or field name. 

sunny_talwar

You might be right, I have not used Qlik Sense to know it well enough. But I have seen some issues with using the derived fields and I wonder why do people use it if it has so much trouble