Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sujeet_shirude
Creator II
Creator II

Nprinting: Not sending email reports to entire group

Hi All,

We have an Nprinting 17.3 report pulling data from Qlik Sense(3.1).  We have a task setup for a group of 50 users but some of the users are not receiving the Nprinting email reports. They received in the beginning but have stopped since the last two weeks. We haven't made any changes to the environment. I checked the user level filter and it is fine. I asked the user to check their Junkmail but its not there. When i check the task Execution log, it is successful for the Group.

1. What could be the issue?
  2. What are some of other settings/things I need to check?
  3. Is there a User level delivery report(Delivered/Failed) as at the Group/Task level it shows successful?

Any insights on the same are appreciated. Thank you!

Regards,

Sujeet Shirude

13 Replies
ashok1203
Creator II
Creator II

Hello all, is this issue is addressed then please help me. I am also getting the same issue. The reports are delivering to some recipients and for some not. Please help me.

AAK
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

This is caused by the antispam settings of the SMTP server. Check them and the logs of that server.

Remember:

- often SMTP servers have a maximum dimension of attached documents. It could be that NPrinting reports exeed that amount so the SMTP server will not deliver the emails

- as antispam the SMTP servers send only a limited amount of emails from a single source in a specified range of time. For example only 50 emails every hour, over it is spam so the no. 51 and after will not be delivered. You see that some recipents (the first 50s) receive the email the other not

- the SMTP servers often send emails only from a white list of users. If the user in the NPrinting settings is not in that list no one email will be delivered.

I would also suggest to speak with the person who manages the SMTP server you are using to send NPrinting reports.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I had a similar issue I have just managed to trouble shoot and it turned out that the issue was in the user filter I had.

In the filter I had Russia and in the DB/App it was Russian Fed.  Instead of just ignoring the name mismatch Nprinting didnt send the report out at all.

So double check your filter values.  It annoyed me for ages until I found it as the logs arent helpful.

Regards

Andy

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi everyone,

regarding Andy's insights - In last few versions of NPrinting 17 you would be able to troubleshoot it by looking at task execution section as it would create a warning and highlight that you have applied filter which returns no values

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.