Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set analysis with total

Hello everyone,

I have an expression:

Count(Total {<AEID= ,acc_TradeDate = {">=$(=Date(Max( StartWorkingDate),'YYYY-MM-DD'))"}>} Distinct acc_TradeDate)

which used on a simple straight table with Dimension: AEID and StartWorkingDate.

This expression is used to count all the TradeDate from employee's start working date.

The problem is when i use the expression above, it shows the same value for all AEID with differebt StartWorkingDate.

Can you help me with this?

Here the model im working on:

qlik.png

Message was edited by: Jeremy Lee

I added SampleData for more detail. In the data we have 2 AEIDs. Assume that user is selecting TradeDate from 1 to 31-Oct to view the data in Oct 2017. (Date format is mm/dd/yyyy)

+ AE_2: this employee starts to work on 11/15/2016, so he has 22 acc_TradeDate for this month (known as working date in month)

+ AE_1: this emplyee starts to work on 10/09/2017 (this month), he started to have the first acc_TradeDate in 19/10/2017, so he just has 9 acc_TradeDate in the data.

But the business requirements is AE_2 should be counted 22 working date, and AE_1 should be 17 (count from the Start working date 10/09/2017).

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

His start working day is 2017-10-09 but many days later (2017-10-18) he starts to manage some accounts. And business requirement need to count working day from the start working date.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

His start working day is 2017-10-09 but many days later (2017-10-18) he starts to manage some accounts. And business requirement need to count working day from the start working date.

sunny_talwar

How about this?

NetWorkDays(Only({<AEID}>} StartWorkingDate), Max({<AEID>} acc_TradeDate))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Seem you nearly made it Sunny. But we have to add below limit to the expression. I mean AE_2 should be 22 instead of 251. And the one more problem when selecting AE_1, the table shows all AE because the set expression disregarding AEID.

Detail in picture below:

Capture.PNG

sunny_talwar

May be this

NetWorkDays(

If(MonthName(StartWorkingDate) = MonthName(Min(acc_TradeDate)) and StartWorkingDate <= Min(acc_TradeDate), StartWorkingDate, Min(acc_TradeDate)),

Max(acc_TradeDate))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Great Sunny. It works like a charm! You save my day. Thanks you so much for your strong support.