Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinchevrier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Table too large for the page

Hi,

I have a table with ten columns for example. So this table is too large and is cut in Powerpoint.

How can I do to keep all column ?

With word, I can do level to split my table into 2 tables (or more). How can I fix it in Powerpoint ?

Kevin

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Kevin

My solution may seem ridiculous but it actually may work.Here is what i suggest:

• Please calculate how many rows in the table you are able to fit on one Power Point Slide, (for the sake of this exercise lets just assume that on one slide you want a table with only 3 rows)
  • Once you have a number of rows figured out, you should be able to create a field in your data model which will drive your table splits into slides using NPrinting PAGE functionality
    • example: i want to present sales by country (my countries are, USA, Argentina, Australia, Germany, GB, France, Poland, Russia, Czech, Slovakia
      • In script i would create a field which for each of those countries would assign a numerical value which will be used in PAGE node in NPrinting. the assignment of the value can be based on alfa-numerical order or maybe on a measure which would have to be pre-aggregated in script. The only trouble is if you have multidimensional table then you have to create multidimensional key.
        • USA = 1
        • Argentina = 1
        • Australia = 1
        • Germany =2
        • GB = 2
        • France = 2
        • Poland = 3
        • Russia = 3
        • Czech = 3
        • Slovakia = 4...... etc
    • then i would use my value 1,2,3,4 as a page node and would apply it to slide where my table is. This would create 4 slides and would filter dataset for each of them based on values assigned to countries
    • voila - i know it is not as easy as it seems, but can potentially work for you.

Additional comments:

• depending on your measure you may need to precalculate measures in script in order to skip empty records for dimensions (with 0 value)
  • You may need to sort your main dimension by your measure in script; use Ceil(Rown ()/ X) as my field where X is number of rows which fit on one page i PPT
  • It is not a straight forward solution but with little bit of thinking it can be done perfectly fine - i think.

hope this will give you some idea, or maybe help you different solution.

rpc‌ - Ruggero, i remember you gave some examples how to fit tables in PPT, but could not find it on community. Could you please also give your thoughts when you get a chance? I think it was in regards to ho to split table between multiple slides, but number of slides was not dynamic i n your example i think.

cheers

Lech 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Lech,

1 - I agree with your solution and I would to suggest this approach specially when you don't know at the beginning the total number of rows that the table will contain. The cons is that you need to do (a small) change in the load script.

2 - If you know how many total rows the table has you can use the Custom Rows property

Custom Rows.png

The advantage is that you don't need to change the script but you have to add the same object multiple times and set a range of rows for each.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Kevin

My solution may seem ridiculous but it actually may work.Here is what i suggest:

• Please calculate how many rows in the table you are able to fit on one Power Point Slide, (for the sake of this exercise lets just assume that on one slide you want a table with only 3 rows)
  • Once you have a number of rows figured out, you should be able to create a field in your data model which will drive your table splits into slides using NPrinting PAGE functionality
    • example: i want to present sales by country (my countries are, USA, Argentina, Australia, Germany, GB, France, Poland, Russia, Czech, Slovakia
      • In script i would create a field which for each of those countries would assign a numerical value which will be used in PAGE node in NPrinting. the assignment of the value can be based on alfa-numerical order or maybe on a measure which would have to be pre-aggregated in script. The only trouble is if you have multidimensional table then you have to create multidimensional key.
        • USA = 1
        • Argentina = 1
        • Australia = 1
        • Germany =2
        • GB = 2
        • France = 2
        • Poland = 3
        • Russia = 3
        • Czech = 3
        • Slovakia = 4...... etc
    • then i would use my value 1,2,3,4 as a page node and would apply it to slide where my table is. This would create 4 slides and would filter dataset for each of them based on values assigned to countries
    • voila - i know it is not as easy as it seems, but can potentially work for you.

Additional comments:

• depending on your measure you may need to precalculate measures in script in order to skip empty records for dimensions (with 0 value)
  • You may need to sort your main dimension by your measure in script; use Ceil(Rown ()/ X) as my field where X is number of rows which fit on one page i PPT
  • It is not a straight forward solution but with little bit of thinking it can be done perfectly fine - i think.

hope this will give you some idea, or maybe help you different solution.

rpc‌ - Ruggero, i remember you gave some examples how to fit tables in PPT, but could not find it on community. Could you please also give your thoughts when you get a chance? I think it was in regards to ho to split table between multiple slides, but number of slides was not dynamic i n your example i think.

cheers

Lech 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Lech,

1 - I agree with your solution and I would to suggest this approach specially when you don't know at the beginning the total number of rows that the table will contain. The cons is that you need to do (a small) change in the load script.

2 - If you know how many total rows the table has you can use the Custom Rows property

Custom Rows.png

The advantage is that you don't need to change the script but you have to add the same object multiple times and set a range of rows for each.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is also cool as you may be aware that the list of rows will be range between X&Y so then you dont have trouble yourself to do what i have suggested.

thanks Ruggero

Kevin, what are your thoughts on this?

kevinchevrier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

Actually, the issue is not on the number of rows, but it concerns the number of columns.

Kevin

kevinchevrier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

Actually, the issue is not on the number of rows, but it concerns the number of columns.

Kevin

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

You could follow this https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2017/Content/PowerPointReports/HowInsertNativeTablePo...:

• add the Qlik Straight table in the Tables node
  • Expand the columns by clikking the + symbol
  • Drag and drop the columns into the template
  • Set the column width
  • Run a Preview

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
AtQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is Custom Rows property exist for Qlik sense to NPrinting connection. I assume it is only for Qlikview to NPrinting. I tried to locate custom rows in NPrinting couldn't find it. 

FYI - I am using Qlik Sense for my data to NP report

Frank_S
Support
Support

@AtQlik 

Please start a new question in the NP community as your question is not directly related to this three year old thread. I can help you in the new thread.

Thank you.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!