cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwukreport
Contributor
Contributor

NPrinting Error Message

I am having an issue when previewing a report in NPrinting.

I create tables which can be viewed using Preview in Excel, but once I have closed the editor and reopened it I get an error.

I also can get the same error when I update the Metadata.

I have attached the error report.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using NPrinting Version 17.3.0.0

6 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

We need more details to investigate the issue:

- what kind of connection are you using?

- did you applied filters (report filters, object filters, etc)?

- did you added the same table two times in the template?

- could you post a screenshot of the template with all the treeview nodes expanded?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
countwise
Contributor III
Contributor III

Designer.PNG

- what kind of connection are you using?  Not sure which connection you are asking about, I am connecting to our server via the internet.

- did you applied filters (report filters, object filters, etc)? No filters applied

- did you added the same table two times in the template? Not the same table but there are 8 very similar tables

- could you post a screenshot of the template with all the treeview nodes expanded? See image

Many Thanks for any help you can give me.

Jim Diggins

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

I mean Qlik NPrinting connection, but it doesn't matter any more; from the screenshot I can see that you are connected with a QlikView document.

I saw that each table have the same ID of its first column. I have the suspect that this results in the same tag for both the whole table and the first column. So I would to suggest to change the IDs of tables or the IDs of the first columns.

After you must refresh the cache and correct the tags in the Excel template, then run a preview.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
countwise
Contributor III
Contributor III

Designer 2.PNG

The First Columns are actually different for each table. In fact if I just use 1 table I get the same error

Regards

Jim

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

The cause could be the Report2 worksheet that visible.

In any case we would to ask you to open a support ticked because we cannot do a deeper investigation here. In the support ticket please include:

- a link to this conversation

- a copy of the Qlik NPrinting Repository backup https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2017/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Backing-up-Qlik-NPr...

- a scrambled copy of the QlikView document

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

can you try with the lables instead of  up/down [Remove the special chars)     to  UpDown    and re drag and see the preview?