Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Cannot parse data in selected response type"

Hello there,

I have a problem with loading data to Qlik Sense with REST driver.

I have tried to load JSON, XML and CSV data (same data but in different formats). I can display them in add data form (see attachment load_form.png) but when I am trying to load selected data in then i throws me multiple times error (see attachment error.png). I have tried to load this data with Web File Driver but it is throwing same error.

I thought that this might be a problem with encoding but I have tried encoding UTF-8 and still nothing (UTF-8 xml files from e.g. SOLR are working correctly). I couldn't find other requirements for load data.

Do you have any idea whats wrong? What else should I add to the file to get it working?

Any help is really appreciated.

Data is in file (1).csv

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

up

bluecarbon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Did you resolve this issue?

d_pranskus
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi

Not sure if this might help, but it looks to me that Qlik Sense still tries to parse it as XML.

Would adding the following response headers help?

Content-Type: "text/csv"

Content-Disposition: "attachment;filename=myfilename.csv"

bluecarbon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

Thanks for writing back. I m trying to hit a https url to retrieve JSON format and it works like a charm in September 2017 release but when trying the same in February 2018 release, I m getting below error.

Tried Content-Type -> application/json, but it throw error saying content-type is not supported using GET method.

Appreciate your help as I m stuck and still trying to get a fix.

cannot parse the data in the selected response type. check response type parameter value

Thanks,

Rakul.

kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

Hi there!

Did you manage to resolve this issue? We are currently trying to pull JSON format too from a URL and we are on Sep 2018 version. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Michalina

bluecarbon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Yes we resolved it by adding the url to trusted website in Qlik Sense server and everything worked as expected.

jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III

Hi, where on qlik sense server we can add this trusted website?

Thanks

sourabhverma107
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

I was just going through your response and thinking if this can help me in downloading the data from CSV file.
Basically i am trying to fetch the data from CSV in qlikview rest connector.
I am using Get method, so content type is not allowed in same, so in place of content type i am passing Accept as Text/CSv.

Further i have passed Content-Deposition which is mentioned by you above but still getting null response.

I wanted to get the data from attached csv file, so is it like i am missing anything here.

Could you please help on the same.

Thanks

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @sourabhverma107 

As far as I am aware the REST connector will not deal with CSV data.

If you have the Web File connector available (on Sense Desktop, Enterprise On Premise or QlikView) then this may work better with CSV files, provided you don't have to send any authentication in the call that can not go in the URL.

What I have had to do with CSV files is use the SFTP connector in Qlik Web Connectors to first download the CSV to a local folder and then do a standard load of the CSV from there.

Steve