Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashis
Creator III
Creator III

Manual reload works find but fails from QMC

Hi,

I am trying to reload a model using QMC , and it is failing but if I ran if manually from the server itself it works fine.

I am using OLEDB connection to connect Oracle DB. I have enabled document log and in this log at the end it is trying to fetch record

from the table and then failing .

it looks like

SQL SELECT * FROM SCHEMA.TABLENAME

ERROR: OLEDB connection failed

Execution failed

Execution finished.

We are using 64 bit Oracle driver in ODBC. Though we have one 32 bit driver installed in the server however we are not using that.

Could you give your thought on this.

Thank you,

Ashis

8 Replies
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Ashis,

This is most probably because of the account you are using to to run the Qlik services and the one you are running manually are different.

Make sure the account which is running the qlik services have access to your DB, then give it a try again through QMC.

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
ashis
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jyothish,

Thank you for your reply, in Oracle we can not give DB access to the service account, we are using OLEDB connection and we are passing the userid and password with this OLEDB connection.

Oracle has one to one mapping with userid and schema, not like SQL Server.

Please let me know if anything else could be the issue.

Thank you,

Ashis

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Ashis,

It sounds like it is an authentication issue only, i am not sure why in your case but service accounts can be granted access to oracle db also. Can you try to enter the service account user id and password and check the connection manually, i believe until it doesn't connect, you wont be able to run the task from qmc.

As an work around you can create batch file to reload the file using the existing user ID as it is working manually and schedule the batch file using QMC.

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
ashis
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jyothish,

sorry for delay in reply, it seems distribution service is not reading from tns.ora file. as you said batch file reload with userid is working, even though my userid has no permission in Oracle DB.

I heard there is a way to bypass tns.ora file , I need to created connection without using the tns.ora.

Could you tell me how we can achieve it.

Thank you for your time

ashis
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

We have resolved this issue, there were more than one Oracle drivers installed in the server both (32/64 bit) , we removed all the drivers and reinstalled 64 bit driver . After that it worked.

avinashelite

if you have got the answers mark the correct answer and close this thread

ashis
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Avinash,

Yes I agree and want to do it, however I do not see any option in the action menu or anywhere that shows correct answer.