Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruthkfir1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Error from Qlikview Management console

Hi,

I get this error from QlikView Management console.

Any idea what does it mean?

Error.png

Thanks,

Ruth

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

First try with a restart of the QMS (QlikView Management Service). You won't break anything by doing this. All vital parts of QlikView server will stay up and running, but the QMC may report networking errors while restarting QMS.

Did you already assign Document CALs to users before for this document or is this the first one?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Ruth,

Can you please provide some more information about what you are doing within the QMC when the error is received? Also, what is the full build version of QlikView Sever (e.g. 11.20.12904; 12.10.20500)? And, what browser you are using? Does it occur with all browsers?

Best,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
ruthkfir1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Chip,

Thanks for your time and willing to help!

Well, Thats happen when I'm in the "Documents" ,"Document CALs" tab, standing on one of the modules.

I want to add  users CAL to the module and then I get this errot message:

Error2.png

The Qv version is 11.20.12904 SR12.

I use Internet Explorer (I don't have and can't dawnload other browsers)

Thanks,

Ruth

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is something wrong with the entire QMC. None of the Document CAL measures show any values, and there is a red warning at the top: "Document CALs are not applicable. Reason:" and then no reason at all...

Can you open the User Selection dialog in any other tab? Like for instance on the Assigned CALs tab for Named CALs (see System->Licenses->QlikView Server->Client Access Licenses (CALs)->Assigned CALs.

And BTW, what does the Client Access Licenses (CALs)->General tab show? Can you post a screenshot?

ruthkfir1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Yes, I can use the User selection dialog in another tab like the Assigned CALs tab.

Here is the required Screenshot:

Thanks

CALs.png

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

First try with a restart of the QMS (QlikView Management Service). You won't break anything by doing this. All vital parts of QlikView server will stay up and running, but the QMC may report networking errors while restarting QMS.

Did you already assign Document CALs to users before for this document or is this the first one?

ruthkfir1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

I restart the server and the error is gone...

Thanks you all for your help.