Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waqasshah
Creator
Creator

DashBoard Authorisation

Dear All,

I have developed a dashboard. I want to place it in a Live environment but I want only a specific user "Tom" can view it for testing.  Please note Tom has a developer licence and few other staff members have also developer licenses but I want just Tom can view the dashboard not any one else.  Can you please help.

Kind Regards

Waqas Shah

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Disable 'Initial Selection...' and enable 'Initial Data reduction...'.

It will start working when you close and open the document again, if you have access it allow to open the document, if not shows a message telling that you can't access the document.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Waqas, you can limit access to the sheet using conditional show of the sheet properties, with a condition like:

Subfield(OsUser(), '\', 2)='Tom'

You can check the result in a text box to confirm the result of the expression.

waqasshah
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks but I have 20 sheets in dashboard. Cant we manage it at one place rather then doing in 20 places?

waqasshah
Creator
Creator
Author

because I have already tried this function

=mixmatch(OSUser(),'Tom')

but it did not work.....

rubenmarin

Oh, you meant access to all the document, not only one sheet, this can be donde with Windows permission (folders or in the same document) or with section access.

Section Access

There is a wizard in script editor (Insert -> Section Acess->Inline) to create a simple section access, as an example:

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME

USER, Domain\Tom

];

In document properties -> on Open -> Reduce using section access. Add also your user or you will be blocked, make a copy of the document before using section acess.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Qlikview or Qliksense?

waqasshah
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks I am near by there  following is my code

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, NTNAME, USER, Domain\TOM
]
;
Section Application;

In document properties then I need to click on triggers ? then click on OnOpen option under Document Event Triggers option tab ?

waqasshah
Creator
Creator
Author

Qlikview

rubenmarin

It's In document properties -> on Open -> Reduce using section access.

But be aware that documents suing section access can be blocked for everyone forever if something goes worng, make a backup of the file.

It's a good idea to add your own user, adnd 'domain' should be the current domain (if exists).

waqasshah
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks . I am using Qlikview version 11.20.  I cant find the option u mentioned. When I click on Settings-- Document Properties. the attached screen appears. on Open option is not availableerrors1.png