Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lzanetti
Contributor III
Contributor III

Rolling sum on Qlik Sense

Hi all,

I need to build a "rolling sum" plot (or table as well), i. e. a sum that month by month runs on the latest 12 months.

More precisely, I have a graph that shows a variable (the number of sold products) month by month.

The other variable I want to show is the sum of sold products on one year up to that month.

The result should be a plot showing (month by month) the units sold in that month (e.g. March 2017) and the units sold on one year that far (e.g. April 2016 - March 2017).

I hope the request is clear.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks, LuigiZ

35 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

you'll find the qvf file in C:\Users\your_windows_account\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps

lzanetti
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Does it pass even the data?

(they are company sensitive, and it's better for me not to pass them)

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Create sample app with sample data

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

ok I suggest you to create an excel file with all data you are using within your chart object and next create a new app reading that excel file.

lzanetti
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Here it is

lzanetti
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I C&P the app's file, then changed the base csv file

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

which is the chart object involved?

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

you get 0 as result because you have data only for 2011 year, at least for the app you sent.

lzanetti
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry, yesteday I was in a hurry and made some mess.

Here is the relevant part of my app, with data on a wider timeframe.

The interested table is "Rolling sum table" (where I tried to add a 3 months rolling sum), and Rolling sum plot.

The result of the suggested formula gives me simply  the sum over the month. I can't find what's wrong.

OmarBenSalem

Here's ur expression :

sum({< [PostingDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth]=,[PostingDate.autoCalendar.Year]=,[PostingDate.autoCalendar.Month]=,[PostingDate.autoCalendar.Date]=,

[PostingDate.autoCalendar.Date]={">=$(=addMonths(max([PostingDate.autoCalendar.Date]),-12))<=$(=max([PostingDate.autoCalendar.Date]))"}>}Quantity)

result:

Capture.PNG