Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Object Format Change by Drop Down

Hi,

I want to change the Formatting of all the objects' caption according to drop down list.

Suppose, I have all objects in blue. and now I want their colors to be change accordingly from the drop down list (some predefined colors) , how to achieve that thing ?

Please share your ideas,

Thanks.

Sachin A.

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Or we can create few colorful button (very small) and whenever use click on the button , its respective color get changed in all the objects present in the sheet.

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hei

attach is an example of what you asked for

change selection in the list box

and all caption colors will change

Not applicable
Author

good one. But I want to use them in live scenarios so looking for more efficient way. You logic served the purpose...

what seems better is..

suppose in the top right side, i have a text object , asking user to select color and the color is listed on right side as a button (without text) whenever the user click on the button, its respective color get change in all objects (active/inactive) caption color.

see screen shot like this....

I know it can be achieve, I did for one color but I have to manually add all coding in all the objects (3 objects, 3 color so total 9 entries).. I want more flexible and universal way.

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hei

i changed the design a little

i think you better use  a list box then buttons

as you wrote button will need high maintence

the way i propose all you need to do is to add a color to the list and it working

further more after you create an object with color changing caption

make this object to the deafulat for all new objects

you do this in the layout tab ,

you press the apply to button on the right corner an choose to what object apply the design

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please see the attached i modified the lions example.

Cheers.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks liron and BlackRockS...

@ BlackRocks, exactly this is what I was looking for. But there is one thing, the active and inactive both caption color become same. Is there way to have them different.

Means, if I click on RED, Dark Red will become Active Caption Color and Light Red become Inactive Caption Color.

Thanks a lot

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please fidn the  attached as requested.

cheers.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot BlackRockS. Perfect.