cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting preview works, but charts missing when generating on-demand

Hello,

When developing an NPrinting Excel report, I can preview the chart data, but upon exporting the report from On-Demand, all chart information is missing from the export. The chart types include pivot tables and straight tables; I paste in the object IDs - there's no further editing done in NPrinting designer.

I have:

-re-created the NPrinting application, connection, and report

-exported to different file types,

-deleted all triggers, bookmarks, and sheets (and recreated a basic straight table)

-reset all document properties to the default

-restarted NPrinting server and services

-re uploaded a different copy of the application

-deleted and re-added the nprinting user in the QMC

--without success.

What has worked is creating a brand new application and reloading the exported script to create a basic straight table and developing a new on-demand report off of a different QVW.

Has anyone else encountered this error? Are any variable names/conventions known to cause this bug?

I'm using NPrinting 17.3.1.

Any insight is appreciated!

9 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

one question:

What do you mean by ".....upon exporting the report from On-Demand....."

do you refer to on Demand functionality in QlikView Access Point or News Stand ability to execute report from Subscription or maybe simply "NPrinintg Publish Task"

If you are using OnDemand QlikView AccessPoint functionality then it is a different story, but if you are talking about task or subscription, you may be affected by section access restrictions.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

btw,

I would suggest upgrading to latest - more stable nPrinintg version....

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lech,

I'm referring to the on demand functionality from Access Point. My client is not interested in upgrading to the latest version of NPrinting at this time. I do not believe this is a problem with the version because I can successfully generate on demand reports off of other QVWs.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Danelle,

If it is OnDemand App can you check following:

• If the user who is trying to generate NPrinitng report is able to see all required objects in QlikView application?
    • Can this user login to Access Point and observe if all used in NPrinting objects are visible? Remeber that NPrinting 17 has section access capabilities so if you have some hidden sheets/objects or maybe data reduced for NPrinting reporting this may be causing a problem
  • Are you using Section Access by any chance?

regards

Lech

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lech,

There is no Section Access and within the QMC the security is set to: All users can view this dashboard.

Thanks,

Danelle

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Interesting

well in this case there must be something else... Alternate States maybe? or maybe use of variables in some funny way - i do not know?

any chance you can reduce data, scramble it and attach your qvw file causing problems in here?regards

Lech

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I had the same exact problem when moved the qlikview document to a new server. I made zero changes to the Nprinting app / report (except of adding the new qlikview server to allowed destinations + changing connections to the new server). After the changes, I can preview reports in report editor and the ondemand connection works fine. All Ondemand reports are generated with no data.

CVR
Creator
Creator

Unfortunately, I am also having the same issue. May I know did you find any solution? If so, can you please share the solution here.

Thanks,

Arjun Reddy

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It might be that you are talking about known limitation where OnDemand does not work from mounted folders (as per known limitations) just like here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/NPrinting-17-On-Demand-no-access-to-resourc...