Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QMC Expand / Collapse Stopped Working

Hi Community,

In the QMC Status tab for tasks there is functionality on the folders and tasks to 'expand' or 'collapse' all folders / tasks. After upgrading to QV 12 that functionality no longer works. When we right-click to bring up the menu both 'expand all' and 'collapse all' display but nothing happens when you click on them. Has anyone else seen this behavior? And a have a fix? This occurs in both IE and Chrome browsers. Thanks in advance.

24 Replies
simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Derry,

Am seeing the same behaviour. Did you find a solution?

Thanks,

Simon

derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Simon,

No solution so far.

simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Derry,

Have had a play around, and it seems to work correctly in Edge, and that's about it.

Have logged with Qlik, and will let you know their response.

Thanks,

Simon

derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I did not try edge but did try chrome and it did not work. It might be some security setting in the browser itself. I'll try a few things and post back.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Using Chrome, I can right click > expand and collapse in the QlikView 12 QMC exactly the same way I do in QlikView 11.20:

• Status tab in the QMC shows Expand All / Collapse All
  • Source Documents tab displays "Import tasks"
  • User Documents displays nothing (normal Chrome contextual menu)
  • System > Setup also nothing

Internet Explorer behaves the same. Both QlikView 11.20 and 12 are running in Windows 2012 R2 servers.

I guess so but did you try clearing the browser's cache?

EDIT: For IE, Sites are added as Intranet Sites with security settings to Low, IE ESC is disabled, and Compatibility View is enabled.

simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Miguel,

Cache had already been cleared, but to be on the safe side, I reset IE.. Result was the same.

Added the server to trusted sites and set Security to low. Did the same with local Intranet sites.

Am still getting the same behaviour.

Am on 12.10 SR8

Thanks,

Simon

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Thanks for the heads-up. Keep us posted of what Qlik Support tells you.

derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Found another interesting QMC issue post upgrade from 11 to 12. The 'Automatic refresh of task list' option doesn't seem to keep the check. If the QMC is closed out and reopened it is unchecked.

derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

New info, after upgrading another environment I've found that expand/collapse work when accessing the QMC from a different server, not the QMC host server. Port 4780 is blocked outside of the internal server network segment so we can't access from our workstation. But I can confirm it appears isolated to the QMC host server. Has anyone tried a reboot?