Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Listbox as checkbox

Hello,

I have a list box on a sheet with Selection Style Override set to "Windows Checkboxes".

How would I set this checkbox as "checked" when the sheet is initially loaded?

Thanks

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try this way

Settings - General - Under "Selection Appearance" you can change..

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is that under Settings -> Sheet Properties -> General?  I don't see "Selection Appearance".

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is it possible to do this programmatically (ie in macro)?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you help us your intend?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Basically I have four checkboxes (list box) on the screen.  When this screen is loaded or when the user clicks this tab/sheet, I want the first two checkboxes checked by default.  This is what I want to accomplish.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I think you need OnActivateSheet() trigger using FieldName and Recipe for search string as

='(' & FieldValue | FieldValue2 &  ')'

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for responding.  I am still exploring various options and reading other posts in this forum.  Here's the link and you actually commented on it last year. 

List Box with default selection

There is a sample "2307770.qvw" from Clever Anjos.  Where is the code that actually does the default selection?

In this case, "No Information" is the default.  I looked at Settings -> Document Properties -> Triggers, I am not

seeing any code which handles this.  Do you know where this code or logic is being stored in?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I believe it has been locked using Lock prompt and then Selection to each then once we clear it will be locked. And then to clear all you need to select option called "Unlock and Clear All"