Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III

How to develop multi-currency and multi-language apps using standard Qlik Sense?

Hi,

I am after enabling this nice and beneficial feature in QlikView,

Triggers 2017-11-13_17-20-29.png,

in Qlik Sense business applications using Set Analysis or simple sum function.

Is it possible to change the value of a variable vCY from 'EUR' to 'USD', for example, and get the value translation as simple and as fast as in QlikView? E.g. sum(SalesRev$(vCY))

I am more interested in multi-currency than a multi-language feature at this point.

Without it, there is no point moving users from QV to QS.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you want to change the variable value with a button, you'll have to install an extension such as qsVariable.

Qlik Branch

-Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you want to change the variable value with a button, you'll have to install an extension such as qsVariable.

Qlik Branch

-Rob

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Rob, it's good to hear from you. Hope you are doing well.

I'll check the Branch and get back with my comments.

Thanks

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The extension works as expected.

Still, I would expect such a basic and used object to be available out of the box.

I hope Qlik would not end up one day with only QIX engine and everything else, like standard visualization objects, to be obtained from the market as extensions. Extensions of what? First, you need to have basic objects to be able to enable extensions to be developed. Right?

Thanks Rob.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

As an alternative, you can use a field in a listbox instead of variables.

-Rob

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have tried that, but that solution didn't work with Set Analysis. Before this I created this thread 270835, and as I didn't get a solution I rephrased it in this one.