Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sibusiso90
Creator III
Creator III

Grouping Selection

Hi all,

I was assisted yesterday with group selections but now I am stuck on how to apply it on my model as I use valuelist instead of a field as a dimension and I can't use cross table as it is a huge table with over 100 columns and about 1m rows which as growing daily.

The answered one is on the link below

Grouping selection.

Attached is a model identical to my situation

stalwar1

tresesco

Thanks

9 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Could you explain here about your expected output/behavior against the sample data you provided?

sibusiso90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

When I select Group2 only sale1 and sale2 must appear with all the data in sale1 and sale2.

See picture below.

Select Group2.png

sibusiso90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The attached app is how it is suppose to work when you select sales in this app.

sunny_talwar

How are you planning to select sale? Sale is a valuelist dimension and AFAIK, it can't be selected....

sibusiso90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This is simplified but there is another field that I will use to select. If only there is a way I can put the value list in my set analysis to be used to group.

sunny_talwar

Valuelist can't be added to set analysis... can you share the field that you are going to be using for selection?

sibusiso90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I made a mistake when I was explaining above sorry.

When you go the qvw I attached initially, Named "Selection by Group2.qvw". I will be using groups to select. That is the field I will be selecting with.

sunny_talwar

Unable to do this... will keep trying though and will get back if I can find a way to do this

sibusiso90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks I will highly appreciate it. if there is a different way please let me know.