Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rklaytonmb
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Shared server objects

Hello everyone

I have multiple shared server objects in a qlikview application. Due to problems in the machine where the qlikview server had been installed it was necessary to reinstall qlikview server giving another name to it, with this the shared objects are no longer being shown

Someone has already had a similar situation and can help me

Grateful!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rklaytonmb
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Gentlemen,

I was able to resolve the problem by using the following command line qvs.exe -x "MyFile.qvw.shared" -p -ro domain \ olduser domain \ newuser

The result of the above command is a new file with MyFile.qvw.shared_clean that should be used to replace the original file

It is recommended to perform the operation in a separate environment, ie copy qvs.exe and the shared file to another environment

The solution was applied in qlikview version 12

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Colin-Albert

What version of QlikView are you using?

If on V11.2 then the PowerTools has a utilities to view and repair shared files

Power Tools 1.2 for QlikView

But this does not work with V12 😞

Is there a Power Tools for QlikView 12?

Survey: Help us shape the next Power Tools release!

rklaytonmb
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for the feedback colin_albert

But my version is 12, I still have the problem.

Do you know of any other way to solve this situation?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you saying that you recovered the correct .Shared file from your old environment, renamed it and put it back in the same location as your newly renamed document?

rklaytonmb
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

The process we performed was as follows:

We backed up the existing applications on a qlikview server, prepared another machine and installed a new qlikview server on it, and then restored the backups in the new environment. Everything works fine except for the peer server objects that are not being presented to the end user.

The detail is that the name of the server name is not the same as the old environment, so the owner of the objects is pointing the name of the old server, what we need is a way to connect the objects to the new server.

Old server: serverzyz

New server: serverabc

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There used to be a fairly easy trick to reassign objects to other users or users in a new domain. As you already found out here and in other discussions, you can do this using a Power Tool. Unfortunately, the latest set of PowerTools doesn't work with QV12, and while an update is being prepared, that doesn't help you right now.

If you master the technique of programming with web services, or know someone who does, you can still try to create a script or program that talks to the QMS API directly because that's what the PowerTool also did.

rklaytonmb
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Gentlemen,

I was able to resolve the problem by using the following command line qvs.exe -x "MyFile.qvw.shared" -p -ro domain \ olduser domain \ newuser

The result of the above command is a new file with MyFile.qvw.shared_clean that should be used to replace the original file

It is recommended to perform the operation in a separate environment, ie copy qvs.exe and the shared file to another environment

The solution was applied in qlikview version 12