Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ravikumar_iyana
Creator
Creator

How to remove null() and space in TableBox

Hi,

I am facing a problem for removing null() or spaces in tablebox.

namestudent
    John
raviReddy
kumarPrem
saiKumar
anilrunil
tejamani
shivakrishna

I am already used this below:Requirement: when  Tab:Teacher is null then all Column will disappear

1) I am already used trim() in script level

2) In Table Box -> presentation -> i am checked Omit Rows where field is null

plz help me ASAP

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ravikumar_iyana
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Or Shoham,

I am tried your expression its working fine but little modification required i don it like this

=if(len(FieldName)>0,FieldName,Null())

Thanks for your valuable response 

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi

A quick fix would be a calculated dimension for student.

IF(LEN(TRIM(name)) >0, Student)

if that doesn't work you could add the same to to the name deimension

Mark

Anil_Babu_Samineni

1) Have you tried using Len(name) > 0 and Tab = 'Teacher'

2) I believe, In table box there is no future called "Suppress". May be you are using straight table

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
ravikumar_iyana
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Mark in listBox we can use like this your expression but now i my requirement is TableBox

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this?

Only({<Name = {"=Len(Name) > 0"}>} Student)

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
ravikumar_iyana
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Anil,

Thanks for u r valuable response my requirement is table box only not for Straight Table

Anil_Babu_Samineni

No You can not in table box as we doesn't have futures like straight. But, you can use Straight table as you feel and looks like same.

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi.

Yer sorry wouldn't work in a table box.

But you could use a straight table, Use the name as your Dimension and the expresssions would be

IF(LEN(TRIM(name)) >0, Student)

Mark

Or
MVP
MVP

Why would you *require* a table box? What does it do that a straight table does not?

You could add secondary fields that are null based on the specific value at the script level, e.g.

Load Student, Name, if(Len(Name)>0, Student) as StudentForTableBox, if(Len(Name)>0,Name) as NameForTableBox;

In that situation I think you should be able to omit nulls from table box, since both fields are null.

ravikumar_iyana
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Mark,

I am tried this already in straight table also "IF(LEN(TRIM(name)) >0, Student)" its not working