Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Impact of Windows OS upgrade on Qlikview 11 installation

1.We have to upgrade the current OS (Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise) to Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Service pack-1.

2. On the current OS ,Qlikview 11 is being deployed.

3. What are the impacts and  necessary action to be taken in Qlikview 11 post OS migration activity.

4. Also is it wise to carry out both the OS upgrade and Qlikview 11 ( to 12) upgrade in one GO, as later one is also closing the end of service.

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Provided you have a backup of all files and folders including configuration, the install of the SP1 should not be a big change when it comes to QlikView functionality.

Are you using IIS as QlikView Web Server?

To upgrade to QlikView 12, consider that you have to uninstall completely QlikView 11, so I'd say it is a good idea to do it in one go:

• Backup current QlikView 11 environment
  • Uninstall software (not deleting folders or files)
  • Upgrade OS
  • Make adjustments (from the top of my head: IE ESC, IE sites and security configuration, UAC) at OS level
  • then Install QlikView 12 and use the previous QlikView 11 environment as much as possible

Everything that you need in the OS for QlikView 12 is here: System Requirements for QlikView ‒ QlikView

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks

1. We are not using IIS.

2. With regards to qlikview 11 environment back up files(qvd,qvw),log file and configuration files. can you please describe in detail how much the existing env can be recreated ,without manual intervention like re configuring the scheduler,re configuring the users access,path mapping when publisher is there in seperate server from Qlikview app server.

3. kindly detailed out further (

• Make adjustments (from the top of my head: IE ESC, IE sites and security configuration, UAC) at OS level)

Many thanks.....

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

In short, I would recommend you to check with Qlik Consulting on the needs for your specific environment.

1. OK

2. For QlikView 12 there are some documented steps (like those related to DIRECTORY and EXECUTE function) which, in case you use them in the script you need to make sure they keep working as expected. However, if will highly depend on your environment to properly assess what else needs to be done.

3. Those are standard Window settings for QlikView, refer to the online help for the most updated information for the version of QlikView you are going to install and check the Qlik Support Knowledge Base

Taking everything into consideration, the upgrade could go from "do nothing else than installing the new software and follow the screens" to making changes in the script, layout or even the settings files. Qlik Consulting will know what to do where exactly.